• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bill Moore Lake...

Hurley, Jawa and myself have all been kicking that around......Bout time someone stepped up and started a thread.

I am 90% barring an unforseen softball game or some other surprise my family hasnt told me about.

Those tippy sections look a bit tricky. I'm up for it if you go first.:spin1:

Red Elephant isnt that hard. A few spots are a little tricky due to the fact that you are going uphill about 95% of the time. I may be in but the three trails combined can make for a long day. I am always down tho for Bill Moore alone, I usually try to make it there atleast a few times a year but I have only made it once and I was having issues the whole day and it wasnt too enjoyable. I think Castle was also thinking of running Bill Moore, hoepfully he sees this.

Actually it'll have to be SAT, sorry.

Planning on meeting up at the Starbucks/Conoco on I-70 just past Idaho Springs at around 0900.

Actually it'll have to be SAT, sorry.

Planning on meeting up at the Starbucks/Conoco on I-70 just past Idaho Springs at around 0900.

Unfortunately I will be tiling my bathroom early Sat morning, If we finish early enough I may try to get up there ASAP and meet up with you guys somewhere on the trail, one of you has a CB i'm sure?

Red Elephant isnt that hard. A few spots are a little tricky due to the fact that you are going uphill about 95% of the time. I may be in but the three trails combined can make for a long day. I am always down tho for Bill Moore alone, I usually try to make it there atleast a few times a year but I have only made it once and I was having issues the whole day and it wasnt too enjoyable. I think Castle was also thinking of running Bill Moore, hoepfully he sees this.

yeah i definitly want to run it but i dont think its gonna happen. i just had to pay tuition and i just got my 6 month insurance bill in the mail and my tires are bald. so i've got to get those three things taken care of before i think about running anything other than an I25 exit ramp. lol.

but if someone has an extra seat for me let me know!

I might just try to make this run. Gotta get up in the hills before the fall colors are gone.....

Do you have some of your buddies coming?

I've got anywhere between 1 and 3 additional vehicles coming. My neighbor brian in a V8 swapped yj on 35's, coils, hydro suspension, and a bunch of other neat tricks. Possibly Jim if he gets his TJ going, otherwise he's going to ride with Brian. A buddy from work in a 2dr XJ and possibly another 2dr xj. I'm also bringing the wife, kid, grill, and cooler. Plan on barbecue for lunch. We can figure out who brings what thursday. Pleas post up if you're going to attend so we can figure it out.

You planning on bringing truggy or the new rig?

No reason to bring Truggy for those trails. :twak: Plus - I hope to have the BOR leafs installed by then and would love to test 'em out! :thumbup:

I am a BIG maybe. I do not want to miss a couple more months of wheeling before it snows.

It has been crazy busy with the new baby and the wifey back to work. I will try to coordinate and maybe get a shot at this. Haven't been on those trails since last October and rescuing XJboy from the edge!!! ;)

I am a BIG maybe. I do not want to miss a couple more months of wheeling before it snows.

It has been crazy busy with the new baby and the wifey back to work. I will try to coordinate and maybe get a shot at this. Haven't been on those trails since last October and rescuing XJboy from the edge!!! ;)

Maybe if someone didnt get us lost as usual, we wouldnt have started to head down Red Elephant.

Back