• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help wanted/needed

96cherokeenewb

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone! I'm new to upgrading jeeps and NAXJA. I am going to lift my jeep and I want to do/help with the install but I don't know anyone who can help and I dont have the confidence, knowledge, or tools (I don't think I have the tools) to do it myself. I live in the north suburbs of chicago and Im wondering if any of you would want to help and teach me? I could throw a little money if you want. I live in an apartment so I don't have a good area to work. I'm looking to do it in the next month or so. Thanks so much!

X2 Winterfest! If I wasnt so far away, I'd drive down an help ya...

I'd be glad to let ya use the shop and teach ya, but I am about 6 hours away from ya pal. You up for a drive? :D

I am located in NW Indiana, about an hour from the loop. I have a wide array of good tools, and my best friend has a 4 post car lift and a commercial air compressor for air tools. I work cheap too. I can't think of anything we could possibly need for a lift install that I don't have. I've got spring compressors, grinders and pry bars. :)

Send me a pm for more info.

Which north suburb???

Im out near Rockford(yes, it does hurt to say that. But noone knows where Mt. Morris is)... and work outta my driveway... But once it gets warm.. I would be more than glad to give you a hand....

Gurnee area. So not too far. I just had a problem with my tranny but it's fine now. I really hope it's not the start to a bad tranny cause I have been saving and I really want to put on a lift not a new tranny!

Gurnee area. So not too far. I just had a problem with my tranny but it's fine now. I really hope it's not the start to a bad tranny cause I have been saving and I really want to put on a lift not a new tranny!

Word of advisement take a good hard look at your Tranny mount, these jeeps are getting older and older every year. This item gets over looked so easy since it is on top of the X-member. It is easy to replace and will extend the lift of your power train.

Back