• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny Temp Gauge ?

PolishX said:
anyone install a tranny temp gauge in the A pillar to monitor the ever dieing XJ auto tranny's ? how hard waas it
I installed mine behind the T-Case lever. Used a filter assembly ported for a sending unit. Installed under the hood where the battery box used to be.
The filter unit made the install quick, no fighting compression fittings or leaks. Cooler is behind the grill, I went with a large one and removed the tranny from the radiator all together.
Removed in this pic due to the atlas install.
143shifters3sm.jpg

Mine is on the "A" pillar and I used the Autometer single pod. Sorry i don't have a pic. Could take one tomorrow possible. It really wasn't that hard, a couple hours work.

If you want an ever-dieing auto buy any automatic Ford!

The AW4 is as tough as they get, I tow every day with mine, a 2500# landscaping trailer 4 days a week and my 3100# bass boat on the weekends.

jeepboatsideview2lr.jpg

I bought the same B&M tranny kit, but they sent me some junker gauge... Summit.com... :(

I just mounted it under the glove box... I'm tried of running wires under stuff, so I just ran them on the outside... :lazy:

Got the sensor on the "hot" side of the tranny... with the converter locked, it barely moves at 140F... I've brake torqued it for like 30 seconds to get it up to 180F...

trannytemp.jpg

Back