• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ouray, Colorado off-roading . . . where?

PC-UT-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I see a lot of pics from ppl's websites with ouray, colorado trips and it looks like a really cool place to explore, though the wheeling looks pretty easy, i would still love to take a trip there.

any info?

Ouray has got to be one of the best places in the U.S. to go Jeeping, you don't even need to get off the pavement in that area to see some of the prettiest scenery in the country. There are countless trails and old mine sites around Ouray. It's a great place to base out of, several motels, the hot springs, campgrounds or overnighting it on the trails themselves. There are numerous easy to follow books on thr San Juan area, Charles Wells is one of the better ones. You can find them on line or go to just about any gift shop in town and look through their selections, plenty to choose from. You WILL enjoy it. TC

Wells book is a good one for someone not familliar with the area. Sonia went to CO last summer and did the Alpine Loop, Imogene Pass, Ophir Pass, and Yankee Boy Basin in my Xj with a 2" lift and street tires. If you want to camp I would suggest Molas Lake CG just south of Silverton.

Back