• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kingston Peak Saturday 9/12

Jawa

NAXJA Forum User
I was pleasantly surprised today when my wife told me she wants to go wheeling this weekend. The only conditions - she wants to drive her JK and the trail has to be easy. Fair enough. With those criteria in mind I picked Kingston Peak.

Trail Damage rates Kingston Peak a 3/4, but in my opinion it's more like a 2/3. A stock XJ could run it without a problem. There are some beautiful views on this trail and a couple of cool oddities like the rock house and what Trail Damage calls the "Enchanted Forest".

If there's some interest I'll post up a meeting time and place. For now I'm thinking of the gas station outside of Central City/Black Hawk on Highway 119 around 10:00 or so. I can't recall whether it's a Conoco, Shell, Valero, or whatever...

Anyway, come enjoy an easy but scenic ride, or come to make fun of me as I sit in the passenger seat and let my wife drive. :skull1: :eek:

Last edited:
Looks like I jumped the gun a bit - forgot that we already have plans for that Saturday. Doh! It'll have to be Sunday.

Mods - can you please change the title of this thread to Sunday, 9/13?

Still down for it if it's Sunday, Jim?

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Okie dokie, I'll wait until the following weekend.

Okay... mods, can you please delete this thread?

Back