• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumpstop help?

MSPi

NAXJA Forum User
I need help with my bumpstops. I don't what to trim more then I have to so I need to get my bumpstops done. When I did my first 3" lift with 31"s they would stuff fine without any bumpstops at all. The stock ones were so old they just fell apart. I am now running 33"s and they rub pretty hard. So my question is where to get new bumpstops and how to set them up. Thanks in advance. Pics would help.

are you trying to retain the stock screw in type? if so, go grab some in decent shape from the junkyard, if you look extra hard, you may be able to find some about an inch longer then stock.

Is there a standard of how much bumpstop length to add for certain heights?
==============================================
Your trim makes it a harder call over the net. Plus 33s are not all 33 inches. My crystal ball is in the shop so flex her out until you just make contact. Use at tape at your bumpstop points and add a inch or so.

Last edited:
Yep, you have to figure in how much clearance you've gained from trimming, how much lift you've added, and how much taller a tire you're running. Figure an inch of bumpstop for every inch of lift, minus the inches gained trimming, plus the inches gained in tire height difference. Once you've figured all that out, thrown it away and flex-check the rig and measure it manually. ;)

fubar XJ said:
Yep, you have to figure in how much clearance you've gained from trimming, how much lift you've added, and how much taller a tire you're running. Figure an inch of bumpstop for every inch of lift, minus the inches gained trimming, plus the inches gained in tire height difference. Once you've figured all that out, thrown it away and flex-check the rig and measure it manually. ;)

x2 x2! driving up curbs isnt hard, so quit trying to squirm out of it.

Or you could put a jack under the LCA mount on the axle and jack it up and see where it maxes out....of course that's assuming you have a floor jack tall enough.

Back