• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumpstop

scottmcneal said:
what is too far?

when your fenders eat your tires. some of these tires cost too much money to have your jeep eat them when flexing, especially when bumpstopping is an easy prevention of this.

okay thank you, i have a 6.5 lift with 33s.. i have no rub at all, i just don't know how far i can stuff them before i break some thing, right now my stops are like 4" long.

Tire rub is a big reason for BS but they are also useful for stopping the shock from bottoming out.The leaf springs from reversing. The coils from binding etc etc.
Any time you mod you steering/suspension you should flex her out and inspect for any binding. That includes drive shafts. For some reason an they are often overlooked.

Prowler said:
What is a bump stop? I keep hearing this from you guys and I don't know what it is.

get under the truck and look for a plastic/foam wedge on an inner wheel well, right above the rear axle. that is a bumpstop.

Back