• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's TC Skid with Clayton's Crossmember?

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
Just realized i may have an issue here. I ordered Clayton's crossmember and RE long arms (sorry Goatman), will the skid be compatable?

I do know that Skid Row's will work, but hoping not to have to spend more change.

I'm running Clayton's long arms and Rusty's t-case skid. No problems at all mounting the skid up to the new crossmember. I was initially worried about the skid interfering with the left arm but if they are nowhere close to each other.

It is kind of a PITA drilling throught Clayton's crossmember. I drilled clear through for the first bolt and just tapped it for the second bolt. I just happened to have the correct size tap on hand. I figure if the threads should ever fail, I can still drill all the way through and use a nut.

to install the rustys t-case skid, i had to drill 5 holes and put in 3 self taping screws... im sure that holes are holes... and will work in any x-member...

http://www.opiebennett.com/skids.htm

HTH

Back