• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JeepCables - For all your battery cable needs.

The kit for my 96 came with,
3 grounds, bat- to motor, bat- to fender, motor to firewall
12v cables are, bat+ to starter, alt to included mega fuse and holder, fuse to pdc, pdc to bat+.
military style battery clamps for battery pos and neg

IMO a nice kit but I would have liked to have gotten a stud and fuse for the pdc instead of the separate fuse and holder. Would have been one less cable and connection and cleaner look.

The big reason for a separate fuse is a greater choice in fuse sizes. You can get ANL fuses all the way up to 350 AMP (the included fuse block is rated for 350). You could even do away with fuses altogether and swap in a breaker style fuse that's resettable.

-P

FUN FACT:

JeepCables.com only uses SAE approved cable. I'm a technically minded guy, and I'm not into paying for things multiple times, or redoing work that's time-intensive. When I started building cables, I wanted to make sure that the cables I sold were only of the highest quality and from the highest quality materials. There's no eBay "mystery cable" used, or "copper clad aluminum" stereo wire.... just copper. Because when you're out exploring or taking the family on an adventure, quality matters.

Back