• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Cone?

frankenstang57

NAXJA Forum User
My wife wants to run Red Cone on her 40th... Anyone done it recently? Bent the crap out of a RE lower on Carnage last time, so my XJ is @##$$%%#'d! (for now) I have a stock Sami I use as a DD, you guys think it would make it? I will have XJ support from Teelander, but I don't want to get ugly. I know the worst part is at the end, but what about leading up to it. Easy as before? ('05-06?) Thanx!

Pick up a used Arm! Take the XJ!!

Got one? :) It was a RE 4.5" lower, not a stocker. I'm planning on building a long arm set up in the near future and would hate to waste the $$$ if I don't hafta. Red Cone is a slam dunk in the XJ, my 4 year old could run it. The Sami on the other hand... gets 30mpg!

Take lots of pics for me! I've wanted to run that trail since I first saw pictures of it.:(

With a prospect of snow up top, an alternate was suggested, and I'm running that on Sunday. I'll still have my time in the high country. :)

RedCone069.jpg

RedCone065.jpg

RedCone066.jpg

RedCone060.jpg

RedCone054.jpg

Here are some pics of last Oct. Took the ZJ up there pretty easy. Going back down Websters pass is a little white knuckled. Scary shelf road.

RedCone069.jpg

RedCone065.jpg

RedCone066.jpg

RedCone060.jpg

RedCone054.jpg

Here are some pics of last Oct. Took the ZJ up there pretty easy. Going back down Websters pass is a little white knuckled. Scary shelf road.

you mean this scary shelf road....:rolleyes: its really not that bad. most ppl say u need 4 low and and ebrake. well i didnt have 4 low at the time and i was in 2wd with no ebrake... grow some hair on ur chest boys!! :clap:
l_d1f8f32ae08554f5a6f153b93b4fb4a2.jpg

Last edited:
you mean this scary shelf road....:rolleyes: its really not that bad. most ppl say u need 4 low and and ebrake. well i didnt have 4 low at the time and i was in 2wd with no ebrake... grow some hair on ur chest boys!! :clap:
l_d1f8f32ae08554f5a6f153b93b4fb4a2.jpg
No talking about the switch back after you come down that going back to handcart gulch. The one with about 8 inches until you fall off 200 ft drop. That is if you wanna go back to 285. Other wise you can go the wuse way and go to Montezuma and take I70 home.

Back