• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Fellow driver told me that masks are law and as a law abiding citizen I shouldn't question being forced to don the mask. I said if you feel you need to wear a mask for your safety you should be able to but if you don't feel that way it should be personal choice. I pointed out a face covering in all states that require one could be a piece of toilet paper draped over your face held on with tape and most people wearing masks are nothing more than a bandanna so the actually effectiveness of this can't be very much.

I asked this driver if they upped it tomorrow mandating you now wear the mask , gloves, goggles, and face shield would you be wilfully compliant his answer was " yes sir" he then told me his covid story of being sick for 4 weeks I told him antibody testing says I had it as well , but wouldn't recall my experience as life threatening.

This driver is a morbidly obese sack of pudding who is out of breath walking 20ft ...after his mask and covid guilt trip proceeds to start lighting up his cigarette to which he smoked 5 in the hour he was there .

These are the people who make me roll over laughing with the covid mask wearing safety guilt trip... I don't wear a mask unless I can't get out of doing so ... but here you have a guy telling me covid kills and he wears a mask ... yet he has no problem staying morbidly obese and a heavy smoker . I do have a mask I made out of an old sack from some Oranges ...I fully plan to wear it since it is as legitanemt as a bandanna face covering .

Not gonna judge the man for smoking and being over weigh... I think that’d be a pretty average thing in your line of work? Better than smoking meth to log more road hours- like some I’ve known.

I think you h e the whole face covering thing backwards... you don’t wear a mask or cloth for yourself, it’s to prevent you from spreading it should you be sick or a symptomatic.

General rule I go by when entering peoples homes: when asked, “do I need to wear a mask too?”

“I wear a mask for you, you wear a mask for me”

Covid-19 isn’t about catching it, it’s about not spreading i- since not all immune systems are equal.

Fwiw your anti-bodies have been shown to decline rather rapidly

Not gonna judge the man for smoking and being over weigh... I think that’d be a pretty average thing in your line of work? Better than smoking meth to log more road hours- like some I’ve known.

I think you h e the whole face covering thing backwards... you don’t wear a mask or cloth for yourself, it’s to prevent you from spreading it should you be sick or a symptomatic.

General rule I go by when entering peoples homes: when asked, “do I need to wear a mask too?”

“I wear a mask for you, you wear a mask for me”

Covid-19 isn’t about catching it, it’s about not spreading i- since not all immune systems are equal.

Fwiw your anti-bodies have been shown to decline rather rapidly

Having worked in hazmat and having had extensive training in PPE and it's use daily I can say your bandana doesn't stop the spread of covid . However the improper donning...use...and doffing procedure do potentially increase the spread.

If your compromised practice extra precautions.

The drivers profession isn't anymore likely to involve the things you mentioned as any other profession...infacr far less the level that drivers are watched is more so than most ...lol...i think you've watched too many trucking movies. But I do find it funny when pc folks like yourself will make great attempts at not generalizing or profiling something that allows you to virtue signal but if it's not in that category you are free to assume and generalize...oh... the hypocrisy.

You wearing a mask in someone's personal residence isn't the same as being forced to wear one to go into loaf and jug to buy something...in those places it should be the choice of the individual.

Last edited:
Having worked in hazmat and having had extensive training in PPE and it's use daily I can say your bandana doesn't stop the spread of covid . However the improper donning...use...and doffing procedure do potentially increase the spread.

If your compromised practice extra precautions.

The drivers profession isn't anymore likely to involve the things you mentioned as any other profession...infacr far less the level that drivers are watched is more so than most ...lol...i think you've watched too many trucking movies. But I do find it funny when pc folks like yourself will make great attempts at not generalizing or profiling something that allows you to virtue signal but if it's not in that category you are free to assume and generalize...oh... the hypocrisy.

You wearing a mask in someone's personal residence isn't the same as being forced to wear one to go into loaf and jug to buy something...in those places it should be the choice of the individual.

Ppe training doesn’t make you a scientist bro... coverings help stop the spread of droplets. Science.

What? Pc folk? Oh god... here comes another Fox News debate... spare me.

Trucking movies? Never seen one. Sounds looooooooong and boring

Fat trucker? Seen a bunch.

Meth head trucker? Knew more than a few.

Hypocrisy? Generalizations? That’s like saying secretaries don’t, on average, have big asses. Not judging the person, but if you sit all day every day it tends to grow. Unless, like you I guess?, one goes the extra mile to make up for it in diet and staying active.

Exception to every rule. The hypocrisy is you crying wolf after repeatedly generalizing all mask wearers (not to mention minorities) Gtfoh

And no, it should NOT be a choice for you to spread your droplets around the stores you frequent. That “choice” is why we are seeing spikes when we should’ve been seeing declines.

Does a piece of cloth prevent the spread? No. Does it help? Yes. Wearing a facial covering is better than being forced to wear shields and n95 masks- and despite not being 100% it does help.

It’s what ever do you... I will continue to wear a mask in stores for you ;)

Ppe training doesn’t make you a scientist bro... coverings help stop the spread of droplets. Science.

What? Pc folk? Oh god... here comes another Fox News debate... spare me.

Trucking movies? Never seen one. Sounds looooooooong and boring

Fat trucker? Seen a bunch.

Meth head trucker? Knew more than a few.

Hypocrisy? Generalizations? That’s like saying secretaries don’t, on average, have big asses. Not judging the person, but if you sit all day every day it tends to grow. Unless, like you I guess?, one goes the extra mile to make up for it in diet and staying active.

Exception to every rule. The hypocrisy is you crying wolf after repeatedly generalizing all mask wearers (not to mention minorities) Gtfoh

And no, it should NOT be a choice for you to spread your droplets around the stores you frequent. That “choice” is why we are seeing spikes when we should’ve been seeing declines.

Does a piece of cloth prevent the spread? No. Does it help? Yes. Wearing a facial covering is better than being forced to wear shields and n95 masks- and despite not being 100% it does help.

It’s what ever do you... I will continue to wear a mask in stores for you ;)

You could make the same case for influenza and were you wearing a Mask for ... TB...nope go home you're logic appears to be based on acting as if covid is more of a risk than it is and as if this virus is your only air born risk of infection ...lol... you've been living with risk of disease spread exactly the same way for years and people have been getting sick and dying from them for years... you can wear your mask it's not for me it's for your own fear one which I don't share and will continue to live like a normal person ...lol... I bet you were afraid to go out into your garden when you heard murder hornets were in the USA...And like I said you are capable of stereotyping and generalizing a group based on your perception but you gripe when others do it if it's a point you can virtue signal with.

Watch Dr.Fowl cheese Dodge Jim Jordan's simple question on of the riots aka "peaceful " protests contribute to covid spread... lol... yep it says a lot about the political aspect of the pandemic . That's not " fox news"... if going to gym or church spreads covid and Dr fowl cheese can make recommendations to lock down and close these to citizens then why would he not openly say the large mass protests are at the same or higher level risk and recommend that these groups be limited or banned since after all based on his guidelines they would be major contributor to the spread... so a protest for Hakim Littleton certainly has no valid argument and yet they are freely allowed to do so ,but a gym owner is arrested for opening his gym to his members.

Couldn't get my transmission Jack back from my buddy he's had it since the nv4500 went into my buddy Danny's xj . I was going to but a new one but decided I don't wantbto waste another $350 or have to store it so I unbokted everything and it now sits waiting the Jack for next week .

I found that the two torx bolts on top did not stay tight from the install if this trans I'm 2012 as I was able to squeeze my hand up there and spin them out with fingertips, so I'm going to go one extra step and spend the time opening up my trans tunnel and making an access cover so I can more easily reach the bell housing to torque and check these easily.

I also think it's the time to hit the cardans with the due grinder while they're out so they run the full travel if my struts without bind .

I have maget lights that I had set up on my boatsides these reminded me I really need some rock lights .

The lack of a trans back gave me the excuse to play with the recently deleted tow rig ...EFI live unlike the edge also tunes the trans for 7500 lbs of truck it will certainly move like a smaller suv when running the increased power . I need to keep the knob set to stock and tow since a stock trans isn't really up to the beating the 4 and 5 settings give . EFI live tunes are super clean you really never see any black smoke come out the straight pipe like some tuning you see .

You could make the same case for influenza and were you wearing a Mask for ... TB...nope go home you're logic appears to be based on acting as if covid is more of a risk than it is and as if this virus is your only air born risk of infection ...lol... you've been living with risk of disease spread exactly the same way for years and people have been getting sick and dying from them for years... you can wear your mask it's not for me it's for your own fear one which I don't share and will continue to live like a normal person ...lol... I bet you were afraid to go out into your garden when you heard murder hornets were in the USA...And like I said you are capable of stereotyping and generalizing a group based on your perception but you gripe when others do it if it's a point you can virtue signal with.

Watch Dr.Fowl cheese Dodge Jim Jordan's simple question on of the riots aka "peaceful " protests contribute to covid spread... lol... yep it says a lot about the political aspect of the pandemic . That's not " fox news"... if going to gym or church spreads covid and Dr fowl cheese can make recommendations to lock down and close these to citizens then why would he not openly say the large mass protests are at the same or higher level risk and recommend that these groups be limited or banned since after all based on his guidelines they would be major contributor to the spread... so a protest for Hakim Littleton certainly has no valid argument and yet they are freely allowed to do so ,but a gym owner is arrested for opening his gym to his members.

Dr. Fowl cheese? Cute... wrong foul though? Or you calling him bird cheese?

What fear do you speak of? You continue to speculate on my political views and personal views, yet you don’t know me man. I am not worried of nor do I fear Covid. I fear for those who won’t survive it. Why do you keep comparing it to the flu? It’s not comparable. When is the last time 150k people died in 6 months from the common flu?

It’s spreading like wild fire... and your precious anti bodies are all but gone. You can continue to live in denial- but take a look around... have you in all your years of life seen anything like this? Masks in public... social functions all but shut down?

The protests? Different subject entirely.. no masks no social distancing? Absolutely it’s a cause for worry of the spread. How are states like Florida and Texas doing after not taking it seriously?

I hope you and yours continue to stay safe and unphased by this pandemic.. cheers to good health and hopefully my kids can go to school- for real I’m the near future. Isolated desks twice a week doesn’t sound like the experience I had... and not a very good one at that. My fear is how my kids will take this next awkward year of their development, socially and academically.

Peace

Back to jeepn- do you have a build page 1ton?? You have a dove nose ya?? I still need a friend with a bender, but daaammmmn they are sexy!!! Might be odd with a big full body rear... then again I always liked big butts, and I cannot lie! Info on yours would be cool to see.

Also, anyone want to run Kelly flats eom or September??? Chutes may be a little bit of a stretch unless I get motivated and a bender... but the rest should be a good shake down after the front and rear axle rebuilds I’ve been doing and suspension overhaul.

Be fun too!

Last edited:
I'm getting the itch to body parts of the jeep ...mainly most eneytimg from from the b pillar hoop back... this fall it will be going on a diet .

Looking around for an engine to aside for the inevitable swap. Thinking a reasonably low miles GM 6.2 from an escalade. That's plenty of power right from the factory ...I just can't see dumping cash into 4.6 for what you get power wise . I need These power upgrades for things likev devils hot tub and shit that you can't crawl .

Looking around for an engine to aside for the inevitable swap. Thinking a reasonably low miles GM 6.2 from an escalade. That's plenty of power right from the factory ...I just can't see dumping cash into 4.6 for what you get power wise . I need These power upgrades for things likev devils hot tub and shit that you can't crawl .

Got a neighbor selling a 5.3 pretty shortly... easily converted to a 5.7 and 450hp not a hard mark to hit

man your gonna go down the ls rabbit hole eh! thats a lot of work lol, but damn cool. ill just dream of a stroker before this thing explodes.

I'd love a stroker I just don't think it will do all that I need it to . I don't usually need more power than a stock 4.0 puts out when in low range, but there are some obstacles i really want to beat in Moab like devil's hot tub I don't know if a stroker will get her up over that ...lol...i know a v8 will . That's probably the steepest climb I'll ever do in the iron curtain ...lol... maybe I should try it stock 4.0 first. I did see the scorpion crawler from bleepnjeep almost make it on 39.5 tsl do possibly my stickys would do the job his rig is at least as heavy as my xj ...so basicly if I dump 6-8k into my XJ on a motor swap the v8 is a sure bet not to fall short if anything it will be more than required.

Lol... my buddy spotted an 08 escalade at the yard Sunday they were closed and today it was gone b4 I could buy the motor and trans ...next arrival I'm just goingvto pay over the phone so it's not gone before I get a chance to go down.

Ouch, my eyes!

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/denver-1989-jeep-comanche-financing/7175762568.html

00D0D_fG2iOWdEcQl_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

Back