• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

China Wall 3-13-11

xj-grin

NAXJA Member #1096
jimgrms, my fried Wacky and I had some fun on China Wall today, along with some real cool folks from over at CoJeeps.net

As many of you know, China Wall, while never "gnarly" had the displeasure of being "improved" by the USFS a couple of years ago, which to their mind meant draging a grader over it... only a couple rocky sections remain, but all in all it is a good time when breakage is not something you want to risk...

Wacky in the "rock garden" ('03 Rubi on 35" Trepadors/Clayton):
P3130329.jpg

P3130330.jpg

jimgrms -- I'm betting this is his new screensaver/avatar:
P3130333.jpg

23f3f003.jpg

my WJ's virgin trip off the pavement:
e3dd5692.jpg

a5b8a132.jpg

2f1ee78d.jpg

a bit of trimming/bumpstopping left to do, but she flexes out pretty damn well:
5604e1df.jpg

e0af3895.jpg

Cool dude we met on the trail - "chericon" over a cojeeps:
P3130338.jpg

couple of vids (not particularly thrilling...)

Had some fun stuck in a cattle drive on the way back to Hwy 24 on the Tarryall road... those silly bovines just didn't want to move!
P3130351.jpg

P3130343.jpg

Thanks to all, a good time was had!

Today was a lot of fun ,and i am amazed that i didn't get high centered any where and my drive shafts and exaust systems are still attached to the wj, Maybe cause i didn't have 19 spotters lol,

I damn near called in "sick" for tonight for this..... just too much going on and I don't need anymore negative attention from the brass......

Looks like you guys had a really nice fun run. The WJ's look to be working well. :thumbup:

Grin, that thing looks really nice man.

Back