• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taking her top off!!!!!

4x4Fox

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 Sport that I am fixing for my wife. It was rolled and the top is caved by the Left front, It has a strong motor and tranny, I'm Thinking Take the top off and modify. I am thinking of chopping from the windshied back. Do you thnk this can be done? Also Can I put a flip down windshied?? :shocked:

i think it would work just make sure the windshield is secured and that you have a roll bar in there.

you might be able to weld on a folding wrangler windshield

sure.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81543
that's terry's, lots of work to make it that ugly.
You will have to cage it, and tie in the cage to the uni body.
Might want to consider finding a body with a trashed drivetrain and body swapping.
if you don't tie the cage into the uni body it will fold like a taco.

Gnat5680 Thanks! I will be putting in a roll bar and looking into soft tops...May be getting into more then I want to....:)

if you want to soft top it look at rev's rig.
a12cscd.jpg

The MWC has all the cool rigs ;)

Okie Terry said:
Someone say soft top?
Can you say Bikini?

is.php
The worst part of that picture is the deep sense of dread that I may be looking into my future.

kid4lyf said:
The worst part of that picture is the deep sense of dread that I may be looking into my future.
I was thinking more along the lines of doing that to a limited. There are plenty of sports, laredos, and pioneers to tear into.

icu_runnin said:
I was thinking more along the lines of doing that to a limited. There are plenty of sports, laredos, and pioneers to tear into.
What's the difference?

Back