• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally got the 9" in my XJ

Xenodank

NAXJA Forum User
Here are a few before and after pics of my rear. 9" axle was installed by Phat Jeeps off road here in town.

before
picture.JPG

after
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

what do you guys think?

Looks like it would withstand a nuclear blast. Ultra cool!

What's the tube running over the top of the punkin with logo on it?

I'm jealous. However, I have to remark that all the shiny black paint is quite out of place under there. I trust you are going out to "christen it" on the weekend?

Actually no, I can't afford to fix anything if I break it and I need my car so right now I have 4.88 gears in the rear and 4.56 gears up front so I forced myself not to off road it ;} This way i won't off road it till I have a 44 or a 60 up front:D

A bucket of mud is in the mail. You can smear it on and pretend. K? :D

Wish I had that thing hangin' under my Jeep. I like that extra layer of steel strap welded under the center section.

Couple of things, though. The way those pieces of steel are welded to the rear of the housing could be a problem. If one of 'em takes a hit on a rock, it will concentrate the force on a very small area of the housing. IMO, they will do more to damage the housing than to protect it. And it sure would be nice to see a truss that goes from spring perch to spring pearch. Everyone builds these little shorty trusses. A really good one should be as wide as possible to strengthen the whole axle, not just the center.

those staps of steel (actually a cut up bead lock ring ) are more to help my rear axle slide off rocks that to be bash protection, if it was on the front that would be a different story.

Xenodank said:
those staps of steel (actually a cut up bead lock ring ) are more to help my rear axle slide off rocks that to be bash protection, if it was on the front that would be a different story.

Point taken, but sometimes ya gotta back up outa them big rocks too.

Back