• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ got its first trim today

Barger

NAXJA Forum User
Well I started trimming my fenders today. It took me most of the day to do 1. The next 3 should go much faster
I have never attempted a project of this nature before. I am using TJ flares.
Let me know what you think.

Masked and ready to cut
544426_3_full.jpg

Initial cut.
544426_4_full.jpg

Done cutting
544426_5_full.jpg

Rivited back together
544426_7_full.jpg

flare installed and cut.
544426_2_full.jpg

Finished
544426_1_full.jpg

It looks great Barger! Are you doing rear TJ flares on the front too? Or front TJ flares?

Jared:patriot:

DeadEyeJ said:
It looks great Barger! Are you doing rear TJ flares on the front too? Or front TJ flares?

Jared:patriot:

Front TJ flares. I think it will open it up more and I rub a lot when I disconnect. :eek:
Plus I like the way they look. :thumbup:

that looks scary

Personally, I'd weld that seem back together. Most every joint in a unibody is important and that one is pretty high on the list. If riveting is the only method available, 3/16" steel rivets, spaced about an inch apart would be my minimum. Maybe even toss in some liquid nails between the panels for good measure.

MaXJohnson said:
Personally, I'd weld that seem back together. Most every joint in a unibody is important and that one is pretty high on the list. If riveting is the only method available, 3/16" steel rivets, spaced about an inch apart would be my minimum. Maybe even toss in some liquid nails between the panels for good measure.

Used 3/16" steel rivets

Plan to weld it up when I have access to friends welder. Trying to get the work done when I have the time. Should be easy to weld.I got a good seam in the fender.

Thanks for the advice

Back