• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One bad thing about NAC fest

gabe4

NAXJA Forum User
When I'm home my rig is one of the bigger around (the only built XJ) but after seeing everybody elses at PAP I'm humbled. So this trip is going to countinue to cost me money. I've got to get a long arm kit, make room for at least 33's more skids it just gose on and on. Hope Nathan understands when he has to pay his own way through school.

STROKER said:
It's called self-control. You guys have more fun I think, then the bigger ones, oh, and you dont have to worry about breaking stuff.

or

BUILD IT BIGGER

how ever, its still a good time no matter what height.

STROKER
Self control? What language are you speaking?
And I think I showed how to bust a ujoint on 30's pretty well... I just won't mention the 4.88's and locker that helped... :laugh3:

In my case I'll be building my rig more, but it won't be going any taller (other than the 33's I was supposed to be on for the trip). I just need to get my a$$ in gear and get my skid, tcase shifter, chromo's, etc. installed...

STROKER said:
oh, and you dont have to worry about breaking stuff.

STROKER

isn't that the truth, I'm still trying to decide if i had more fun with i was on 31's instead of 37's. But i think i had more fun on 37's even though my heart was in my throat the whole day. When i got home and reflected on it, its only a truck, who cares about dents, i'm already pumped and can't wait to go back again lol lol

Matt

You will have all the fun you will want on 33's or 35's for a long time to come coming from fairly stock. I wouldn't hesitate to build a properly set up vehicle around those tires, rather than build a stepping stone vehicle. Being able to walk over stuff may be cool the first minute, but when you think about it, it kinda sucks. I think a trail is a good one if I can walk over it one time, and get stuck 10 times the next time around. :) And I love trails where I basically have no chance of getting though.

I just want to make sure I can get home each time. I found some weak spots on my rig I want to protect my rear diff and pinon some how. I need to find a way to keep everything cool, it got a little warm pulling the pop-up on some of those nasty hills on 81 north.

Back