• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW Forest Pass requirement

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Northwest Forest Pass is ONLY required if you're PARKING (ie: to go hiking or camping for the night) at DESIGNATED AREAS.

This means that the NWFP is NOT required for this event or wheeling up in the Liberty area. I verified this with the point of contact at the Cle Elum Ranger District.

Just wanted to clarify this for everyone. :D

ECKSJAY said:
Unless you're going to drive around all night, yeah. :D

Smart ass.:D

I have always been a little confused about this Forest Pass thing.
When I first used to go to Evan's (many moons ago) the general rule was you didn't need one unless you were parked or camping (including lunch or working on your rig on the trail) I remember several conversations with rangers about this (I know several people who got tickets for not having one while their Jeep was parked and we were sitting having lunch on the side of the trail) lately I have not seen this issue at all, but almost all of the people I have been with have had forest passes of late.

Last time I was at Evan's my tow rig got a ticket even though I had the sticker on my Jeep and they got rid of the ticket for me but said to keep it in the tow rig next time (makes sense to me, and they said I didn't need two passes but it took several conversations of rangers up to management to confirm this is the case).

At NWFest, we will be camping and parked a significant amount of time. Personally I think I will have one for this event, just in case. I get the impression that the "rules" for this Pass change significantly from one ranger to another?

Michael

2xtreme said:
At NWFest, we will be camping and parked a significant amount of time. Personally I think I will have one for this event, just in case. I get the impression that the "rules" for this Pass change significantly from one ranger to another?

Michael

Camping and extended parking are in an area that the Seattle Jeep Club has been using for darn near 30 years. It is an old BLM campsite from WAY back when...and it's NOT on the USFS property. I happen to have a good NWFP that'll be hanging in the new Jeep inherently. :) Still not necessary for this trip. ;)

mojojojo said:
so lets say i want to get one of these passes, "just in case". where might i find one? GI joes ? cycle shop? Oregon or Wash. ?
you just want the sticker dont you :laugh3:

If Joes doesnt have them theres a forest service center right off 205 in Vancouver.

Back