• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: Warn 8274 Warn winch/mounting plate/cover/controller

sofo259

NAXJA Forum User
I bought this winch back in july, from a guy all my friends and I go Wheeling with. He had the winch on a chevy K10, and was used maybe 3 times, other than that the cover was on all the time. Since then it has sat in my basement with the intentions of installing it on my xj but havent got around to doing that because other stuff needs to be done on the jeep first, and i would much rather have a better suspension, or better axles than a winch first.

This is a spur gear model.
Winch has a new solenoid, remote socket, 12v harness and control housing cover, and power/ground cables which was replaced prior to sale.

I've tested the winch a few time since i got it and it works just like new.

The bad: end of cable was fraying out so the first 2ft was cut off so it could be fixed and a little dirty from sitting in the basement since july.

I'd like for this to sell locally, cause i would hate to ship this heavy b*$tard

my loss your gain, I'll take $600 obo, I'm open to trades so let me know what you've got.
Everything in the pictures goes with the winch(controller, mounting plate, leads, and cover) not the stuff in the background

winch1.jpg

winch3.jpg

winch2.jpg

Last edited:
cash talks, bullshit walks

new price, $400 takes it, someone come get this and go do what it was intended to do !

Last edited:
I would love to have it but no funds right now! Thats a older model, probably from the late 70's, the early 80's they went to a plastic cover over the solenoids.

The 8274 was/is one of the fastest winches, I miss mine.

I would love to have it but no funds right now! Thats a older model, probably from the late 70's, the early 80's they went to a plastic cover over the solenoids.

The 8274 was/is one of the fastest winches, I miss mine.

Thanks, I was thinking it was pretty old when I first saw it, but never thought that old! Although how old it is, it still works like a champ.

Back