• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon trail info

G

I'm going to make a trip to the Rubicon this year (from Missouri). I wanted to know if anyone had a link, website, or general information on the Rubicon. Best time to go, trail information, GPS coordinates, camping/lodging prior and after trail ride, 4x4 shops in the area, etc, etc.

Thank you in advance.

Eric
2MUD-IN
Midwest Jeepthing
95 XJ/10" lift/36 TSL/Atlas 4.3/HP front 9" 35 spline/9" rear 35 spline/4.88s/locked both ends/long arms/rear coils

Best thing to do is work it out with one of us. We wouldn't want you to hit the Rubicon without the full Sierra Chapter tour. 8)

Seriously, there are three trails in the area worth your attention. Get in touch with one of us, and we'll be happy to give you the tour. (I live very close to the trail).

CRASH

Okay.

CRASH, in my opinion, you are lucky to be so close to the Rubicon. Actually, I have travelled California from Frisco to LA, and loved it...did the whole HWY 1 experience over a weeks period, went hiking, etc, etc. Really enjoyed it. I rented a Mustang for the curvey roads, but the entire time I kept kicking myself for not having my XJ.

ANYWAY, back to my original purpose to posting this topic...

A couple of us want to come out and do the Rubicon, and hit a trail or two in Moab on the way home. Not a large group, but maybe 3-5 of us. We all have built rigs, and one is an ASE Certified Mechanic (always good to have one of those around on the trail :lol: ) The smallest rig would have a 6" lift with 33's and dual ARB's. I don't want to make the group too big as it is VERY hard to coordinate more than 5 peeps travelling 2000 miles to go wheeling.

Our biggest question - what is the best time of year to come? We really would like to come around the end of May, beginning of June, but what is the weather like at that time of year?

Any and all info is appreciated. Shoot me your email addy so I can keep it on file for future reference....thanks.

Eric.
[email protected]

I would love to show you guys around. June is better because we could maybe get into Barrett Lake. Snow can be an issue in May (especially in an El Nino year like this one) We could certainly do the Rubicon and Fordyce, which are about the two most scenic and challenging trails in California.

Jes and I (and Sean if he's not broken :mrgreen: ) run about every other weekend, so there would be no trouble scheduling something. Rubicon takes a couple of days to enjoy thoroughly (maybe even three if you want to play in the sluices a bit), and Barrett is one day in, one day out. Fordyce can be run all the way through in about 10 hours with a small group.

We were thinking of organizing a Sierra Chapter run to these trails this summer, so maybe we could coordinate with that and you could meet all the West coast legends like Jes, Sean, Goatman, Paul Sinclair, Erik, Mil, etc. :roll:

Whatever the turnout, I guarantee a good time will be had by all.

[email protected]

CRASH

I'm in (as long as your here before mid July, baby #1 on the way). We have been talking about having a nice XJ tour of our 3 local trails, but haven't announced a big weeklong deal because of BOTW2 and Moab 20 anniversary party in October.

Just tell us when you are thinking and we'll be there to tour guide. Avoid 4th of July weekend, it will be a zoo.

SeanP

LOL :D

I'll keep in touch with you guys. Looking to come in June with a small group...small groups travel better over the trail. Sound good? Weather okay then?

Eric
2MUD-IN
Midwest Jeepthing
95 XJ/10" lift/36 TSL/Atlas 4.3/HP front 9" 35 spline/9" rear 35 spline/4.88s/locked both ends/long arms/rear coils.

[quote:9d2c9ea127="Gary E"]Man, I didn't make the legends list again :cry:[/quote:9d2c9ea127]

It;s those off brand tires that you run Gary. You need to get some MTR's to run with the cool crowd ;)

June is a perfect time of year. Most of the snow should be metled. Barrett might not be open yet, or it might be. Con will be fine.

SeanP

If we ran all three trails, how many days should we allocate to wheeling?

Thanks.

Ever since he temporarily lost his son, I've dropped him off the "legends" list.

:mrgreen:

CRASH

Matt,

That came out sort of wrong, sorry about that.

Note to self: Engage brain before typing.......

CRASH

6 days...mmmm...what can we do in 4 days?

I plan to be gone for 9-10 days. It will take 5-6 days just to get out there, especially if we trailer.

Maybe I'll get out there and not come back. I could always call the wife and tell her a moving company is coming to pick her up and our belongings :lol:

Anyway, 4 days will get us where?

Eric.

I would say Con and Barrett, What are the water flows on Fordyce like in May/june Andy?

Back