• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for stock Icon's and 29-30" tires.

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
Like the title says...

I want to downsize the tires on my little Jeep from 31's to 29's or 30's and switch over to stock aluminum wheels. I like the look of Ravines and Icons. Tires, obviously need to be in good shape and preferably some sort of attractive AT pattern. BFG, GY, something decent. No Dunlop Mud Rover or Mud King crap, please.

Ravines
images

Icons
images

I'd trade even for my 31" wheels and tires that are on my Jeep now.

They've worn great and have plenty tread life left.

Wheels are soft 8's 15x8. Wheels have some minor rock rash but not bent and nothing horrible.

These are my current wheels and tires.

DSC_3132.jpg

I also have a set of 33" Truxxus tires I could possibly toss in with the deal for the right set. These tires are extremely valuable since they once carried the infamous "Teal Bitch".

Again for the right set I'd add some cash.

Let me know what ya have.

So hears the deal. I have the wheels and tires your looking for. You have the wheels and tires I'm looking for. The bad thing is I primered and painted my icons black (textured satin) this past fall
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355400642.738058.jpg
Wheels are wrapped in 265/70-16 cooper discoverer htp with about 3000 miles on them.
I know they are hard to see in this picture and its not exactly what you want but let me know

:( Wish they weren't painted.

Are all icon's 16's?

As far as I know all icons are 16. I wish they weren't painted now too. They look good. The original silver made the jeep look like a roller skate.
Maybe you want to separate with the 31"s anyway?

Will do. Should have them up later this evening.

:( Wish they weren't painted.

Are all icon's 16's?

I believe they are 16x7 with stock offset, 5" or 5.25"?? Something like that. I liked my Icon's, but they were limiting with only 7" width. If you're keeping tires reasonable, you should have no issues. Good looking wheel!
FallforAll06007.jpg

I think those were 255/70-16 if I remember correctly? It's a fat 30"

I think those were 255/70-16 if I remember correctly? It's a fat 30"

Correct. These tires were bought for my old dodge dakota (sold it). So they are a bit wider and taller but I fit them onto the jeep. They are a smidgin over 30

Last edited:
Correct. These tires were bought for my old dodge dakota (sold it). So they are a bit wider and taller but I fit them onto the jeep. They are a smidgin over 30

That would work. I just want something abit narrower than I have now and shorter.

Primarily narrower. The stock wheel should accomplish that.

Tires measure out to 30.1x10 R16

They're H/Ts or A/Ts?

That would work. I just want something abit narrower than I have now and shorter.

Primarily narrower. The stock wheel should accomplish that.

Tires measure out to 30.1x10 R16

They're H/Ts or A/Ts?

They are "H/T P" they are sold by discount tire. Here's a link to Discount tire.
http://www.discounttire.com/infocooperdiscovererhtp/cooperdiscovererhtp.html
They are mostly highway/touring tires but I like them. They seem to go well in dirt and sand but I have not ran them through mud or rocks or anything. My father has a set on his Cummings 2500 and loves em. Pulls a fifth wheel and a jeep and has not been stuck (yet)

They are "H/T P" they are sold by discount tire. Here's a link to Discount tire.
http://www.discounttire.com/infocooperdiscovererhtp/cooperdiscovererhtp.html
They are mostly highway/touring tires but I like them. They seem to go well in dirt and sand but I have not ran them through mud or rocks or anything. My father has a set on his Cummings 2500 and loves em. Pulls a fifth wheel and a jeep and has not been stuck (yet)

:( Wish they were A/Ts. lol

Perhaps I'm being too picky to want to trade even with someone.

:( Wish they were A/Ts. lol

Perhaps I'm being too picky to want to trade even with someone.

Well I'll put up some close ups of the tires and wheels when I get home. If ya like em, let me know.

View attachment 3904ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355437053.653184.jpg
And there they are. I know they are not what your looking for but they will be here for ya.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355437299.381834.jpg
Tire tread

They look alright. I'm not sure when I'd be up that direction for us to make a trade.

If I haven't found some by the time I could make it up there or meet somewhere I'll let ya know.

Back