• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "What I need to get done BECAUSE of Winterfest" thread!

Atl-Atl

NAXJA Forum User
I saw breakage, I saw body damage, I saw all sorts of things. What all does everyone need to fix now that its over?

I put a nice foot long dent in my drivers frame rail. Sounds like stiffeners are in my future. I definitely need more bumpstopping in the rear. My shocks are limiting my downtravel up front so longer shocks are in the works. A rear locker would be nice as well. When is the next event? :)

Put my old rear bumper back on, find a used stock rear bumper, or get a rear bumper made.

With a small miracle, lift it a few inches.

I need to unload the buggy and put it back inside, and clean out the camper. I also need to go over and get my DD driver XJ back from Keith, we got home so late last night, that we loaded his stuff in it and I sent him home with it so I could go to bed

I finally lost my muffler.
I think I will just go to a glass pack.

everything else seems fine.

I had the trip meter set on my XJ.
In two days I went 55 miles of trails,

BOB

The stuff I needed to do before WF...........and fix the endcap on my roof rack! :D

I made it home (270 miles) driving the XJ so I guess I didn't break anything ;)

I have a nice hole in my Radiator and a lot new scratches.

Shoulda woke me up, I had my alumaweld and torch...

I need to:
drop the pan and see if two of my rods are bent or not
install a new air filter
find where my battery drain came from... it is a new feature since last afternoon around when the other two things happened...
redo my cb antenna mount
maybe paint that bumper, or just let it paint itself rust colored like the front one
figure out why my clutch is now super stiff (also since last afternoon)

I just realized literally everything I broke happened in 30 seconds coming out of those damn tubes. Not doing that again.

get a new right mirror

buy a new tent(when that damn zipper gets caught while im drunk and trying to get in...well lets just say i get angry)

Get my jeep re-aligned. Other then that I made it home with both jeep and camper in one piece so i guess everything worked out pretty good. O yeah and get my relocation brackets put on :)

Back