• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trip Reports!!!

Jeephead87

NAXJA Forum User
I can't get there till wednesday morning so I expect some trip reports and pics already. Geeeez! I know you guys haven't been in the hot tub this whole time!!!

Derek is kind of like mold.

He just kind of grows on you after awhile and will attach himself to anyone...doesn't matter what state they are from.

Well I was there Sunday night. Drove down from Grand Junction, CO. in my 88 Laredo. Had dinner a SlickRock with a few NAXJA folks. Had an extremely nice evening. Cooked some tritip for dinner. Drove back to the hotel and was back by 9:30 pm.

Like I said, extremely nice evening hanging out at camp.

Dan.

PS I even got a t-shirt to prove I was there.

Technically I was at work so that's all I was able to do. At least I can say I went though. First NAXJA event I've been to in years.

and i just wasn't able to get there for the tri tip, i think we need to have a tri tip bbq before it snows dan

Jeephead87 said:
Oh, so you are a "Wanna-Be!" HaHaHaHa

well considering your jeep probably will be in moab i'll say i'm a poser :D

DrMoab said:
Derek is kind of like mold.

He just kind of grows on you after awhile and will attach himself to anyone...doesn't matter what state they are from.

wow doc that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me......thanks :wierd:

And it's a beautiful day on the Top of the World.

Here's a report for ya, everyone is in bed and its raining, I'm going to the bar :D

I swear next Year I am coming, i have dificult time now - buying a house here in Tahoe (lot of money and time) also fixing my tranny now, but next year - I am there - will try to make Remi and Stebel come as well :)

you guys have fun out there !!
mike !!

NOW post some pictures !!! :)

Dennis on Rusty Nail
DSCF4262.jpg

DSCF4266.jpg

the murdered out on Helldorado.

DSCF4291.jpg

DSCF4304.jpg

Nice pics! I have been really wanting to do Rusty Nail. I am really bummed I couldn't come this year. It looks like Dennis finally got some new tires on his rig!
Anyone with pics or videos, get 'em posted! I want to know what I missed :cheers:

We're back home in WI. Nice to be home but sucks leaving Moab if you know what I mean.

The ride out the fan drive hub croaked. Got a used one in Denver. Other than that a good trip out.

On the way back to WI the York OBA compressor exploded! The clutch was on its way out in Moab and I was going to pull the belt before we left to come home. I knew I forgot something. Some where in NE we heard metal spraying under the hood and then "smoke" which turned out to be oil mist came bellowing from the front PS wheel well. I was relieved when I saw the hole in the side of the York and not the engine! :)

The time in between was truly awesome as always! Great wheeling, great views, and more important great people. I met great new friends and saw great old ones. I am uploading video to You Tube right now. When it's done I'll post links. I have video mostly from Pritchett’s which a group of us ran on Thursday. I also have pictures from Cliff Hanger that I'll post up.

Id like to say thanks to every one there for a good time and an extra thanks to everyone who brought it all together. In addition thanks to Tom Wood and the guys from T and T. Both companies have been great supporters of XJ's and NAXJA over the years. I've talked with Tom many times over the years but we never met. I finally met him and even wheeled with him Friday on Cliff Hanger. He is pretty much exactly the same in person that you might expect from talking to him on the phone. Thanks again guys!

That's about the best I can do for a "trip report" for now. Anyone who considered going but didn't you missed out on a first class event. Make it a point to get out there in the future if at all possible. I know I'll be out there again as soon as I can!

B-loose

Back