• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where from, how far????? (Winterfest attendees)

Southbridge MA to Worcester MA, via jeep: 25 miles
Worcester MA to Logan International Airport, via train: 46 miles
Boston International Airport to Chicago OHare, via plane: 1000 miles
Chicago OHare to Attica IN, via brother's car: 161 miles

approx. 1230 miles.

- Ken 'airline tickets cost me less than fuel would have for the jeep for the same distance, means extra money for beer' Stein

Why not, he traveled that distance.
Miles is miles....

I think the miles award should be to a guy who ironmanned his XJ to WF, wheeled it, then drove it home.

Tow rigs and airplane tickets don't count. Beating on your junk 400 miles from home counts.

And Southbridge to Attica is 961 miles. Don't church it up. :flipoffsmiley

Beating on your junk 400 miles from home counts.

i agree with that. especially with happened to me on my trip to kentucky last year. 600 miles one way, in 95+ degree heat with no radio or air listening to those mud tires howl pretty much sucked.

I think the miles award should be to a guy who ironmanned his XJ to WF, wheeled it, then drove it home.
Agreed!
Opie, his first WF drove his POS from Lincoln, NE to Attica, changed a hub along the Interstate in the dark, threw a bag of potatoes at my wife, wheeled the piss out of his rig, and drove it back to Lincoln.

About 140 miles, 3 hrs.

My 520mile, one way trip, is all in my Heep, its my daily driver and only vehicle...

Last year I changed a tire and a u-joint on the side of the road...

99SJ 'Who knows this year...' Ex

Distance one-way to Attica ended up being 956 miles. http://g.co/maps/2epxe

On the way back I went through Chicago and took 90/80/81/84 back, so it ended up as 2027 miles roundtrip.

Filled the tank 3 or 4 times each way (I don't remember... hell... I don't remember a few hours of the driving I did last night) at 25-30 gallons per fill. When I get my account statement I'll have to add the fuel costs up out of curiosity.

The CEL on the van that I was complaining about Thursday turned itself off by the time I rolled into Ohio. Never been able to fix a problem like that by ignoring it before, I guess I should do more long distance trips.

Last edited:
Back