• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics from the week

Ben_Dyer

NAXJA Forum User
Had a great time out in Moab last week. Ended up staying at slickrock for the week instead of camping mostly due to the freaking rain and wind. Weather was beautiful everyday we only got rain while running poison spyder and that was at the end. And i finally figured out how to get my t case from 4lo into 2lo and back again!!!

Did do a little damage starting with broken upper shock bolts, i was going a little too fast over the dirt section on poison spyder and ripped them out. ended up discovering that the shock i bought for a 4.5" lift were too short due to the fact that i am sitting closer to 5.5" or 6", causing me to only get about 1/2" of droop out of my shocks. So we cut the old mounts off the 8.8 re worked them and welded them to higher on the axle tube. when all was said and done i gained about 3" of droop. Thanks again to Ron for bringing his welder over and a huge thanks to Steve for showing me what i needed to cut and for welding it all together.

Then on Sunday when we were leaving for home i noticed i had broke a few welds on the trackbar mount/sway bar mount at the axle.

All in all we ran Poison Spyder Mesa (Tue.), Gold Bar Rim/ including a short jaunt to the crack (Thur.), Cliffhanger (Fri.), and Hell's Revenge (Sat.).

Had a great time with everyone out there as usual and cant wait for next year. Thanks again for all the help you guys offered up in showing me differant things i need to wach and fix with my jeep. Here is a link to the pictures in photobucket since there are dang near 450 pics we took, as well as some posted here of the best pics from the week...

http://s803.photobucket.com/albums/yy312/ben-dyer/Moab Fall Fling NAXJA/

SANY1885-1.jpg

SANY1845-1.jpg

SANY1896-1.jpg

SANY1932-1.jpg

SANY1927-1.jpg

SANY2016-1.jpg

SANY2030-1.jpg

SANY2097-1.jpg

SANY2179-1.jpg

SANY2230-1.jpg

SANY2238-1.jpg

SANY2257-1.jpg

the agony of being beaten by two girls prior to his run led wayne to trying desperate measures and letting his brother ram him in the rear on escalator
SANY2297-1.jpg

thanks Ben, great week for sure! Glad we all could keep each other runnin. The brothers were a class act for sure, love pushin in the escalator, had not seen that move before!

i dont think any of the people there had seen that before nor will we see it again...... well unless derek gets stuck and has someone thats crazy enough behind him to do it.

im not so worried about the talking as i was when he threw a damn plastic bag in the fire. After all the talk the previous night about gas bombs i damn near jumped out of my chair when it went in!

And i think he would enjoy it too much to be quiet. :D

Spencer was doing his comedy improv Friday night near the fire ring when Jason's friend poured Coleman fuel down his pant leg and into the fire.... Watching Spencer hop around; now that was funny !!!! :wow:

Last edited:
i dont think any of the people there had seen that before nor will we see it again...... well unless derek gets stuck and has someone thats crazy enough behind him to do it.

Wait until next year and you will probably get to see it again. Did anybody get any video of us doing that by the way?

Spencer was doing his comedy improv Friday night near the fire ring when Jason's friend poured Coleman fuel down his pant leg and into the fire.... Watching Spencer hop around; now that was funny !!!! :wow:

Charles, not sure how much of the night you were there, but it got a bit more interesting after this was going on. I think Ben and Amy were taking pictures of him telling stories and our wrestling match.

Had a blast and am looking forward to next year.

Parker

Wait until next year and you will probably get to see it again. Did anybody get any video of us doing that by the way?

Charles, not sure how much of the night you were there, but it got a bit more interesting after this was going on. I think Ben and Amy were taking pictures of him telling stories and our wrestling match.

Had a blast and am looking forward to next year.

Parker

Heard about the wrestling match...
Sounds like Sibling Rivalry !!! :twak:

So did a new hat ever get bought?

Jasons wife has all the video and pics.

charles you let the cat out of the bag spencer thought it was the doctor pepper i was drinking that was catching him on fire. lol

talk to derek he might be able to talk that old man with the red yota into sharing the video he got, all i got was those couple pics

Back