• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

recommended tires?

TLowery04

NAXJA Forum User
just remembered i have street treads on my '89, would that be sufficient for the wiener trails? or do I need to go out and find some all terrains?

Hows your driving skill? haha.. they should be fine. I went over Black Bear in a CJ with 31" ATs and it was fine. Only slid a bit coming down the rocky area just up from Bridal Vail falls. Other than that you shouldnt have a problem at all. You might air down a bit though just for the extra assurance..

My biggest reservation about "street" tires is having one get cut or blowing out a sidewall. Street tires just aren't as well built. AT's are preferrable but as long as you have a full size spare, we can most likely get you on some cool trails. I will be leading Black Bear / Imogene and most likely Alpine Loop. If you run street tires, make sure you have a CB and let me know. I will put you up front behind me and I will make sure you stay away from the worst of it.

Back