• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SierraFest Rubicon Trip Report

Anyone get a shot of my Jeep or Opie's Jeep on the high line coming down Old Sluice? (a photo of mine would be better!!!!)

Don't think anyone that took the slabs does. By the time we made it down the slabs and then hiked up the sluice to meet up with you guys, everyone was through with the exception of you and you were already coming around the pivot rock. Bummed we missed that. I wanted to watch...

OPIE POST THEM PHOTOS!!!

Anyone get a shot of my Jeep or Opie's Jeep on the high line coming down Old Sluice? (a photo of mine would be better!!!!)

Photoz here:

http://therideracing.com/images/Jeep/Rubicon81111/

Sometime I'll find the time to break them out and post them for realz.

Dave - I have these three of you on the rock, but I'm way to lazy to get out of the jeep and take pics of the guy who is going to make it in one shot anyhow. I'm sure the downhill shot would have been way cooler as your front passenger tire dropped into that hole...

dsc_0786.jpg

dsc_0787.jpg

dsc_0788.jpg

Wow, yeah, sweet shots but definitely doesn't do the drop off after the pivot justice. Forgot you were after Dave in the lineup coming down the sluice.

Topo and elevation profile of our hike (yes, I am a map nerd).

TopoMapofRubiconHike.jpg
Mike,
5.5 miles round trip? Seemed like alot more than that. Too mouch beer I guess. Thanks for the info.

Back