• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Headers......

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
I have noticed that very few manufactures make exhaust headers for the 2.5 xj. What would it take to have some one build me a set? I was thinking a four into two into one like the try-y one that banks makes for the 4.0.

SJ01_TorqueTube.jpg

http://www.bankspower.com/System.cfm?appid=AJ01&sysid=SJ01

Anyone have anythoughts on this?

Last edited:
Its Me

You knew I'd have to chime in. Mine are Clifford and are the only ones I (or Tom actually) could find. If you can get a set made for a good price then go for it cause there aren't many other options. I think that the best price I could find for a custom set was around $500 but I don't have the resources here. By the way are you still getting the efi put in?

There are pacesetters for the 2.5. Sometimes on Ebay for like 100 bucks.

Are you still using the 4banger that was having the compression problems? Hows it working out for you?

Well actually here is the complete plan.....

Pull my engine, the one with the compresions problems, and replace with one I bought off ebay for $75 after I check the compresion. I bid on it thinking I would never win the auction bc it came with a 231 and all from a yj with 75K miles. I thought yea right. Oh its was from a 94 YJ so its a MPI engine. Well when I won the auction I realized it was in FL and pick up only. Fortunately I am in the trucking business and have a driver that had a sister that lived in Miami, where the engine was located! So for gas $$$ $100 he drove his Dakota to Miami and got my engine and Tcase that turned out to have a transmision attached to it. So Basically I got a 94 engine tranny and 231 Tcase for $75! Granted the tranny did not have 5th gear. (See my post on OEM tech for that story.) So I scored a computer for $25 from a NAXJA person and traded Jeff in VA a slip yoke for a fuel pump. Got a engine harness from some guy in OH for $75 and He is selling me the complete chasis harnes on the same XJ ,94 2.5L, for $60! So the only thing left is clutch, the 84 and 94 are different, and getting it all to work right. The plan on the old motor is to bore it out and put the TBI stuff on it. that I got from you and Old man Hoss. Then my dream is to Dyno both motors and in the same Xj and see what the rear wheel horse power numbers are. I my put the cam in the MPI engine if it has good compression but am not sure yet. oh actually I was hoping you would chim in Hoss. No I meet this guy in my local club who is quite a talented machenist. And what he cannot make in his machine shop he can make in the shop of where he works. Which is AO Smith by the way. A little long winded but basically the story thus far.

Back