• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing '01 limited heated power seats in a '00 Sport

Emerscape

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys... scored a set of leather seats for my '00 thats in the shop getting a new head and OME suspension. Pretty psyched. Did some searching here and on JU about the installation. Looks pretty straight forward just want to make sure I get everything together before I do the install.

The seats should just bolt right in since they are from an XJ. I believe from my research that there is a plug under the carpet of the passenger side seat to plug in the power seats.

Assuming I can get ahold of the heated seat switch, where does that plug into ?

Anything else I'm missing?

Hey guys... scored a set of leather seats for my '00 thats in the shop getting a new head and OME suspension. Pretty psyched. Did some searching here and on JU about the installation. Looks pretty straight forward just want to make sure I get everything together before I do the install.

The seats should just bolt right in since they are from an XJ. I believe from my research that there is a plug under the carpet of the passenger side seat to plug in the power seats.

Assuming I can get ahold of the heated seat switch, where does that plug into ?

Anything else I'm missing?

My 01 Sport did not have the plug under the carpet. If you don't have it you can pull one from a junkyard so you have the easy disconnect plug but otherwise you'll have to hardwire it. I hardwired mine to the battery using an inline fuse. I don't have heat though.

P9160006.jpg

You can see the plug there. Its not for the seats to plug directly into. Its for the harness to plug in to, that you are missing. The seats plug into this harness as well as the switches. IIRC the part number for the harness is 56009 841AC, and it's about $500.

Last edited:
wow you aren't kidding. I'm heading up to pick up the seats at the salvage yard next week, I should ask for the wiring harness that connects the seats to the passenger side plug located under the carpet/moulding. Anything else?

thanks man.. last question...what about the heated seat switch? I'm assuming its just one wiring harness also? I've got to call them anyway about it, so figured I'd try to get everything in one shot... man this round of fix ups is getting expensive!

Yea I had to buy that connector because mine did not have it. Cost me a dollar at the yard.

thanks man.. last question...what about the heated seat switch? I'm assuming its just one wiring harness also? I've got to call them anyway about it, so figured I'd try to get everything in one shot... man this round of fix ups is getting expensive!

The switches plug into the same harness as the seats. It runs from the passenger front plug that you see in the picture, under the passenger seat, to the console ash tray where the switches are, then finally to under the driver seat.

alright..sorry to be such a pain in the ass. Hoping to head up friday evening to pick up the seats. I called today and they said they'd take a look at the wiring harness and switches but if it was too much of a pain in the ass they probably wouldnt pull them for me. Worst case scenario, if I can't get the wiring harness I can go just hard wire it and live without the heated seats. Can someone give me a little more direction on what guage wire to use, which wires to connect with, etc.

Also, do you think the seats will fit in the back of my RX300 to transport back? I'm guessing if they have a manual tilt that I should be able to.

Thanks

I think I used 14 gauge wire to hardwire in. I just clipped the connector since pulling the harness from 97ZJ I got it from was too much of a pain.

They would have to pull up the carpet to get to the harness. If they aren't willing to do it, see if you can persuade them to let you pull it yourself. It will make your installation a heck of a lot easier, as everything will just plug right in. We crammed my front and rear XJ seats into the back of a ZJ when we picked them up at the dock. I imagine your Lexus would haul them okay. Though if you are anything with your Lexus like I am with my Audi, I'd never toss seats with metal brackets bolted to them in the back.

hey guys... just got back from the salvage yard. Was able to get the seats, switches and harness for $250 out the door. Unfortunately, when I was showing the guy where the harness was, I only had him grab the passenger side and not the drivers side. I know he pulled a ton of wires (and hacked a big section of the cables that run along the door sill). The seats look great and I'm psyched to get them in once I get my jeep back.

Since these seats have been sitting for a while, what should I do as far as prepping the tracks and motors prior to installation?

Thanks for all the help!

Well when I did my power seats I tested them to a battery before I even started the install process.

anyone recall how long it took them to pull their old seats and install their new power seats? I have time friday morning and wanted to make sure I have enough time? Any special tools other than a couple of sockets, flat head and phillips screwdrivers?

Seats are pretty easy to remove... but be carefull about breaking/snapping the bolts. I have pulled the seats out of my '96 XJ a couple of times and the first time I think I busted 1 or 2 bolts... each side. Then I had to either drill/tap for new bolts or was able to get the busted bolt out. I'd suggest replacing the bolts w/better quality (high grade) hardware when you can.

Please take some pics and post on your follow-ups.

Good Luck.

Back