• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RoM is Coming and here are some more detail

blenny

RRC President
With run coming close here are some details and answers to questions I have gotten.

Prepayment is now available through Paypal at [email protected] $25 for the event and that includes a shirt and dinner Saturday. $20 for an extra shirt $5 for an extra dinner.

I figure dinner will be something easy like chili and boudin being that I am no grill master (unless some else has a better idea or cook)

Figure we will do the raffle Saturday evening/night.
What everyone cares about.... The raffle prizes
Napier: $50 gift certificate
TNT Customer: $100 gift certificate
Claytons: D30 truss
Tomken: XJ 2X4 rock bars gift certificate
Iron Rock Offroad: $100 gift certificate
Smash Hole Motorsports: $50 gift certificate
Dave's Offroad: $50 gift certificate
Prime 4x4: $50 gift certificate

Just an FYI LSJC is having their election run that weekend and they look to have a big group.

Predicted people:
Patrick (Blenny) +2
Crusher16 +1
xjintx
lwbtex
deftwillp
1yellowjk

Last edited:
I plan on getting to Barnwell Friday around lunch and hope to make a run that afternoon, run the better part of Saturday, and make one or two Sunday morning. I don't know the place, but I am sure Rodger knows the place like the back of his hand. I would like to go relatively easy on my rig since I have a pretty reliable history of breaking (even though it is trailered), but I do tend to give into peer pressure pretty easy.

I plan on getting to Barnwell Friday around lunch and hope to make a run that afternoon, run the better part of Saturday, and make one or two Sunday morning. I don't know the place, but I am sure Rodger knows the place like the back of his hand. I would like to go relatively easy on my rig since I have a pretty reliable history of breaking (even though it is trailered), but I do tend to give into peer pressure pretty easy.

Ill try to be there Friday afternoon or sooner if I can.

I'll be there Friday but not noon I imagine. I am not bringing the Jeep but can ride shotgun or explain some of the trails.
Just an FYI the town of Gilmer has most everything including a WalMart. It is a dry county so no beer sales... about 30 miles to closest beer/alcohol sales.

I'll be taking leave Friday so I'll probably get their about noon or so as well. I will be driving there from Shreveport so I hope I don't break, unless I can find a trailer or something before then.

Anyone play guitar? I'll bring mine if someone else plays as well. :)

PAID Today!

Where we camping?

Can't wait to meet you guys.

Last edited:
I'll be taking leave Friday so I'll probably get their about noon or so as well. I will be driving there from Shreveport so I hope I don't break, unless I can find a trailer or something before then.

Anyone play guitar? I'll bring mine if someone else plays as well. :)

PAID Today!

Where we camping?

Can't wait to meet you guys.

Not sure where we are camping just yet.

Dont forget to get OHV stickers.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/ohv/buy.phtml

New to Barnwell? Xterra Camp is on their map but... Just stay on perimeter Road for about 3/4's of the way around. The camp is right off the road at the bottom of Angry Jeep trail. If familiar with the trail it's quicker to take Angry Jeep off the perimeter road at the top and cut across down to the camp :( Steep drop at the end so gear can shift all over if not tied down. Trailer can't make Angry Jeep but no problem on Perimeter road. Room to park your Tow Vehicle and trailer down by the camp :)

Xterra camp isn't the same with Chia and the obelisk of passion.

I'm in. Probably heading down after work Friday. Camping Friday and sat night. Went to cb jeep to pick up an ohv sticker today. Can't wait to wheel gilmer again. Probably been 10 years. People still camp in old camp?

u5erabud.jpg

People will be at Old camp. I am a member of LSJC too. As it's been posted they are a BIG club and have their annual election run this weekend. They have already clamied 3 campsites... old camp one of them.
The trails will packed... but a lot of nice jeeps :)
I hope it does not interfere with our runs :(

So we are still a go for Xterra Camp? I haven't camped there before, only Old Camp.

Are there lights there?
Grill?

I'm going to bring my small generator so I can have my coffee in the morning, so if someone has some lights that would be cool. (if we need them)

Xterra camp no lights... primitive camping.

has firepit

PortaJohns down the road a ways

new Showers and bathrooms up at the main area but with LSJC up there i think all will be well used ;)

Xterra camp no lights... primitive camping.

has firepit

PortaJohns down the road a ways

new Showers and bathrooms up at the main area but with LSJC up there i think all will be well used ;)

Well I'll bring the generator, just in case....and my coffee pot...I need my morning cofee. :)

Generator? I have a Coleman stove and I use and French press... just need to boil water. better then electric perk ;)

Oh and I share... also get up early ;)

Back