• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MWC Home brew thread

Waiting for John to post................

what i got going is called west coast pale ale.
linky___ http://www.mrbeer.com/product-exec/...e_Ale_w_Booster_trade_/section/flavor_profile

what i was talking about earlier is pretty much what all the MRbeer lovers are saying, they say keep it 2 weeks in the fermenting keg then bottle and let it carb for 2 weeks then basically let it sit at room temp for 2 weeks to let the flavors get along with each other.

i will be picking up that "how to brew" book they sell it at the local home brew shop. when i get some extra cash

Yea its a pretty simple kit, I was done brewing in about 30 minutes

what i got going is called west coast pale ale.
linky___ http://www.mrbeer.com/product-exec/...e_Ale_w_Booster_trade_/section/flavor_profile

what i was talking about earlier is pretty much what all the MRbeer lovers are saying, they say keep it 2 weeks in the fermenting keg then bottle and let it carb for 2 weeks then basically let it sit at room temp for 2 weeks to let the flavors get along with each other.

i will be picking up that "how to brew" book they sell it at the local home brew shop. when i get some extra cash

I have the same stuff going now, It is on its 5th day. We will see how it comes out.

Hey now! I did not realize there were other homebrewers here! Well, since I've been provoked . . .

Currently on tap:

German Sticke Alt
Sweet Stout
American Wheat
Rogue Dead Guy clone (bascially a maibock)
Centennial IPA (Bell's Two Hearted clone)
Batch 100 Barleywine
American Brown ale
Belgian Strong Golden ale

In the fermeters:

Robust Porter

On deck to brew:

January = Simcoe IPA, (because there is not enough IPA in the world)
February = ESB
March = Marzen/Ofest

That's as far as I have planned out right now. Probably two or three brews in April and May before putting the equipment away for the summer.

Brew on!

david

Personally, I prefer the dead tree edition. Not to say that the online version isn't useful, but I do like printed media if I'm doing some serious reading. And, as you say, the author does get a few pennies for it.

REW, are you aware that How to Brew is available free online?

http://www.howtobrew.com/

That said, supporting John by purchasing his book is a good thing if you have the cash.

Yea, i read about 2 pages before my eyes started hurting from staring at the CP screen. :D

Don't know if anyone would be interested, but I have 10 ibc root beer bottle if anyone needs them for bottling some homebrew needs.

I guess I should post here, since I am the "Official MWC Brewmeister", appointed by Rev and Sean way back in the early days of the chapter. :D

Unfortunately, I've been slacking on the homebrewing since not long after Brewfest. My brewing buddy Matt got too busy building his new house, and now has a baby girl in addition to his almost 3 yr old boy, so he still has no free time. We had fun brewing together, so I'm not as motivated to do it on my own now.

It is always good to see more guys getting into it, hopefully you guys have good results from your brewing.

I need to at least brew up a couple batches for Winterfest, probably a porter and a moderately hopped IPA.

ill be sure to save a couple bottles of what i have going for you to try and give me your professional opinion on :D

just got done ordering supply's for my ST patty's day brew

Back