• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tuff truck build

yourconfusedhaha

NAXJA Forum User
not sure if this would be the right forum for this but here we go

how it looked when i got it

KIF_3217.jpg

flares ripped off

KIF_3218.jpg

windows all removed

KIF_3219.jpg

KIF_3220.jpg

front fenders are cut

KIF_3227.jpg

plans include trussing the front and rear axles, ghetto sye, rear roof cut with bracing added, strait piped with stacks out the back, painted orange, and what ever else comes to mind

And whats this for? Last time i check tough and ghetto didnt really go together...

Thats gonna be one redneck truck.

Also this should be in the picture forum, theres no tech here.

Well then that makes it a little better...

For the fair, that sounds like a decent plan. What do you do with it there? Is it a show off, or race ?

Well, if it survives the tough truck competition, you know it will probably live on the trail....

I could only really see soing this to one if the rockers, floors and most everything else were falling apart.....

yourconfusedhaha said:
plans include trussing the front and rear axles, ghetto sye, rear roof cut with bracing added, strait piped with stacks out the back, painted orange, and what ever else comes to mind

You mentioned ghetto SYE, but nothing about a lift...

You don't need an SYE without a lift.

im not going to lift it to keep the cog low

the problem i've noticed with the jeeps in tuff trucks is the rear slip yoke slides out in the woops and just leaves ya sittin there for the tow truck to come

im thinking if i took the stock slip yoke, drilled a hole in the yoke and out put shaft and tapped the output shaft it would act as a sye then i can just make a square tubing drive shaft and not have to worry about it falling out

yourconfusedhaha said:
im thinking if i took the stock slip yoke, drilled a hole in the yoke and out put shaft and tapped the output shaft it would act as a sye then i can just make a square tubing drive shaft and not have to worry about it falling out
aaaaannnnnnnnddddd.... nominated. :doh:

doot doot doot.... another one bites the dust...

:D

it may work, you are trusting that bolt to handle quite a bit of force, and it looks like you dont mind taking one more XJ off the face of the earth in the process.
go for it, its your jeep on the line not mine :cheers:

yourconfusedhaha said:
im not going to lift it to keep the cog low

the problem i've noticed with the jeeps in tuff trucks is the rear slip yoke slides out in the woops and just leaves ya sittin there for the tow truck to come

For what you're doing I think it can work.

yourconfusedhaha said:
front fenders are cut

KIF_3227.jpg
I'm sorry, but nice job cutting those flares.

Judging by the paint scuffs, please tell me you were black out drunk.

yourconfusedhaha said:

if the slip yoke can't move, your axle isn't gonns droop much over the woops anywho-- why not just add some limiting straps and call it good? The axle driveshaft HAS to move, or you're gonna cram the trans output shaft half way through the transmission when you land....

Back