• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Singing water pump??? (long)

themud

NAXJA Forum User
Well I just went through having my rad recored(cleaned) It is a modine 2 core because I was having problems driving it period!! Around town it was hot like 2/3 the gauge and even on the freeway it was the same thing I know its been hot around here like 110-116 and jeeps just run hot....

Well I get it back together and start it up it seems to do better for about 20 minutes or so running all test A/C on, heat on, defroster just to see if it really is better does well on most but just letting it idle causes it to go up to were the fan kicks on in about 3-5 minutes from just below the 210 mark....So I start poking around and what do I hear its sounds like the water pump is singing not consistently more like on off on off(damn damn damn) knew I should have changed it...

What I want to know is would a water pump thats starting to go out cause the jeep to run hotter and if so why??? If its still moving the same amount of water just starting to go why am I running like 215-220 all day long....
2 year old dealer fan clutch
new rad
new stat
hoses good
???? Im stumped?

Back