• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Don’t call it a comeback, PARAGON

Was not expecting that..

Considering the NAC's past relationship with maintenance and development at the old park, the DCNR might be welcoming to the chapter contributing again? Of course, if that's something this group might have an interest in..

I agree. The dcnr as a government entity isn't concerned with volunteer help. Aoaa doesn't do it, it's the same setup. We should all just be glad it's looking like it will reopen and fwiw from our experiences at Aoaa, will be under good stewardship. This is a win for everyone that PA recognizes the value in these types of parks, iirc Aoaa was billed originally as a "test case" to measure the economic impact with a low cost to start up.
Hats off to the people who designed the system and set up the facility, it runs smoothly and my humble opinion is they nailed it.
Rich

Good to hear. Very seldom do you hear about land being acquired with state funding for motorized recreation. Do you guys know if any off-road organizations or clubs were instrumental in lobbying for this?

This looks alot farther along that i thought! There is a whole lot more than a survey on that website, It looks like the trail map sytstem with ratings is already complete. Thanks for posting this.

Hm. Tried to do the survey, wouldn't submit.

Couldn't see the map either, but that may be my work firewall. Will have to try from home.

Hm. Tried to do the survey, wouldn't submit.

Couldn't see the map either, but that may be my work firewall. Will have to try from home.

Was able to do the survey from home.

Back