• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MSV / Coney Flats 8-28

xjcase

NAXJA Forum User
Quick upload of photos - I'll leave the trip report short.

Met up at 8 - 6 total rigs, 5 XJ's (Skully, Jeepfreak1020, Loren Mccllelan, MC01xj, myself and Kyle(?) from co4x4 in his very built wrangler with a neato glove box etc... got to the trail head around 9:30 or so iirc.

Had fun taking the harder lines, betting on whether or not Loren was gonna scrape (which rarely happened to his delight) and watching a stock izuzu go through the pond successfully...

pictures

_MG_3660.jpg

Skully pickin' out rocks followed by mc01xj and loren,
IMG_3663.jpg

mike(mc01xj) doin the same
IMG_3668.jpg

jeepfreak1020 (chad) trying to rip out his sweet bushwackers
IMG_3670.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

Kyle, was that his name?
IMG_3673.jpg

mad flex yo?
IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_3678.jpg

agua
IMG_3679.jpg

poserness

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

Chad's lady friend at the helm
IMG_9810.jpg

IMG_9814.jpg

had to back up and crawl over these
IMG_9820.jpg

front diff, belly skid, rear diff (each one was pretty loud...)
IMG_9822.jpg

2" BB and 30"s but it didn't matter
IMG_9825.jpg

Body didn't even get wet...
IMG_9833.jpg

"I didn't think that rock was so big"
IMG_9836.jpg

I lost the air-up race...
IMG_9839.jpg

_MG_9846.jpg

Good times, it was nice meeting and wheeling with you guys today. Hope to do it again soon.

I had a great time, even though I still can not figure out this popping noise that kept happening the last half the trip.

Drove home just beautifully!

I love these two trails. I have to run them at least once a season. This late in the year it was very dry, Coney lake was low, and Beaver lake was really low as well.

I did not get all the cool pics I thought I got.

First up some of the videos;

Lake Crossing 1.)

Lake Crossing 2.)

Lake Crossing 3.)

More to come later......:photo:

I uploaded most of my pics that had you'll in them to my Photo-bucket page.

Some of my pictures;
MSV-Coney_08-28-1021.jpg

MSV-Coney_08-28-101.jpg

MSV-Coney_08-28-103.jpg

MSV-Coney_08-28-1019.jpg

MSV-Coney_08-28-106.jpg

Last edited:
It was good meeting all of you, fun trail i havent been on in 20 years, and just the motivation i needed to put on new (used) parts. BTW good trip report guys and great picts. I plan on going up somewhere next weekend if anyone cares to join, more details later in week.

It was good meeting all of you, fun trail i havent been on in 20 years, and just the motivation i needed to put on new (used) parts. BTW good trip report guys and great picts. I plan on going up somewhere next weekend if anyone cares to join, more details later in week.

Glad you could join! ..........uh, where are your pics? :D

I was thinking of something on the 11th since next weekend is Labor Day and the mountains get crazy with weekend crazies! I have not done Jenny Creek since 2008. Short trail so maybe some exploring after that at Moon Gulch?

Get your pics up man, because I couldn't take shots of myself and you were right behind me most the way......:rattle:

It was interesting looking at the pictures from last June at MSV-Coney.

Look closely at Beaver Reservoir and the edge of the bank. This year it was so low it was 20+ft to the water. Last year it was all the way up to the top and overflowing on the area we parked and aired up at.
Picture100.jpg

Now look at Coney Lake crossing from last year and look at the walkway last year.

MSV-Coney Lake Crossing June 09'

It was really dry this year and the water levels were very low.

This is the first creek crossing from last year.
This year it was non-existent, probably most of you do not even remember crossing it on this trip.

Good job Mr trail leader! Everyone had a good time, everyone got home safely.

All I did was get dirty and breath solvent fumes. Maybe I'll be running after the three day weekend. :)

Well now that I have some time lol

was great meeting every body! Had a great day of wheeling and even made it back in time for work! lol. XJ case. you have one hell of a rig and i think we all were drooling over it to. Really well built and you were able to take some pretty hard lines and had no problems. I was bummed the lake was as down as it was this year. No where near what it was last year, but o well.

Here what pics my girl took.

P8270244.jpg

P8270247.jpg

P8270255.jpg

P8270259.jpg

P8270263.jpg

P8270264.jpg

P8270265.jpg

P8270270.jpg

Last edited:
The rock that "Dident look that big!"

P8280348.jpg

P8280349.jpg

P8280352.jpg

P8280356.jpg

P8280360.jpg

P8280361.jpg

P8280362.jpg

And had to get Matt's ugly mug :moon:
P8280363.jpg

And the air race. Which I won :guitar:
P8280364.jpg

P8280366.jpg

Once again it was nice to meet everyone. And I hope you all can join us next time we go out.

Glad you could join! ..........uh, where are your pics? :D

I was thinking of something on the 11th since next weekend is Labor Day and the mountains get crazy with weekend crazies! I have not done Jenny Creek since 2008. Short trail so maybe some exploring after that at Moon Gulch?

Get your pics up man, because I couldn't take shots of myself and you were right behind me most the way......:rattle:

I would be down to run Jenny Creek on the 11th. I love that trail. Let me know Matt. XJcase you should join us too!

Well thats what happens when you lead the trail lol

I would be down to run Jenny Creek on the 11th. I love that trail. Let me know Matt. XJcase you should join us too!

Well thats what happens when you lead the trail lol

Lets clarify something here............you brought this trail run up to me in a conversation a couple weeks ago.

I remind you to post it and you do at the last minute. Then when we meet up you want me to lead the caravan up there. So essentially, you slipped a fast one on me and ended up with me leading again...............hmmmmm???

Smart cookie you are. :gee:

I will post up now for a Jenny Creek run on the 11th. This time we will do a cook out or something.

Lets clarify something here............you brought this trail run up to me in a conversation a couple weeks ago.

I remind you to post it and you do at the last minute. Then when we meet up you want me to lead the caravan up there. So essentially, you slipped a fast one on me and ended up with me leading again...............hmmmmm???

Smart cookie you are. :gee:

I will post up now for a Jenny Creek run on the 11th. This time we will do a cook out or something.

Hey it all worked out and we ended up having a great time and had just the right amount of people join us. Aw who cares we all had fun dident you lol.

Can I have a cookie? :yap:

Back