• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hackett Gulch, 3-25-17

DUDE! Great pictures!!! SO bummed I could not come.

Glad everyone had a good time and hopefully the guys that couldn't make it come next month!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Thanks Andrew! I commented to the guys that my camera takes sucky video. They thought the Chapter should have a nice camera for BOD members to bring on official runs. I saw a few smart phones out on the run, I want to see those videos. ;)

In all fairness, this camera might have been the bee's knees when Windows XP was boss!

For future reference, it makes much more sense to meet in Divide. The Western gas station didn't seem to mind having 30 jeeps in their parking lot.

I'm glad it went well. I do feel shamed and felt guilty, and was worried yesterday. I am glad you took my advice about the water crossing.

Was that downed tree on Cedar Mtn road, or the trail?

Thanks for the insight!

The downed tree...

We got to the intersection of Teller County Roads 51 and 3. There is a big kiosk there that shows CR3 going to Westcreek. We drove that nice gravel road north, where we saw signs that said something about a public right of way crossing private property. The road base was not so good, Led would call it "floaty." After some time driving this road we saw a sign that said "OHV Route, high clearance vehicles only," or something like that. The road got narrower, choppier, and crossed a creek several times before we got to the tree. I think we crossed into Douglas County at the "OHV" sign.

Awesome! Adam do you mind if we share your vids on our NAXJA page?

I was really happy to see everybody at the trail head! While we had our tailgate meeting, a group went ahead of us: a few Grand Cherokees, a JK, a Toyota truck, a stock XJ, and a Kia Sedona. Most of that group was riding on stock tires. I told the guys that if the Kia makes it in and out, the guys who cancelled are due for some crap. Well guess what, it really happened!!!!!!! :D

Damned, when I saw the pictures on trail damage is looked rougher.

Glad ya'll had a good time.

Looks like a fun trail..... wish I hadn't had to be home for all the remodel projects going on.... I think the Cummins 2500 could have handled that run...... well except for the fallen tree.....

There were a couple tight spots. I clipped my driver's mirror on one, as well as the guy behind me. He has license to laugh at my smashed exhaust. :D

Back