• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I wash my XJ with Siliconspray

wim hoppenbrouwers

NAXJA Forum User
I do this already for 12 years now and no rust sofar an she is shining.....
One can of spray is enough for two times cleaning your car.
The jeep will be Waterproof Mudproof Birdshitproof and moistureresistance.
I belief it.s also very good for the rubbers of the suspension and windows
When the spray is dry ,only wipe it with a cloth.
Don't use anymore water and aggresssive soap for washing because your jeep will ROT
The spray penetrates very good into joints and seams and does a very good job.
Greetings from Holland (Europe)

If you have to paint and do any body work, all that built up silicone can be a problem.

Not saying its a bad idea, BUT, just have to keep that in mind, the tiniest bit of trace left over silicone will making painting impossible or make a mess of the painting being done.

So, if you have to paint after using silicone for a long time, you have long tough cleaning job to make sure all last traces of that silicone is removed.

Rick Anderson said:
If you have to paint and do any body work, all that built up silicone can be a problem.

Not saying its a bad idea, BUT, just have to keep that in mind, the tiniest bit of trace left over silicone will making painting impossible or make a mess of the painting being done.

So, if you have to paint after using silicone for a long time, you have long tough cleaning job to make sure all last traces of that silicone is removed.
Silicone will also etch the windshield.

RichP said:
Silicone will also etch the windshield.

Curious, but the Rain-X I use on my windshield to bead up and repel water on the outside and as an anti fog treament on the inside has silicone in it.

If you use silicone just be sure to keep it away from that O2 sensor!:shiver:

Ecomike said:
Curious, but the Rain-X I use on my windshield to bead up and repel water on the outside and as an anti fog treament on the inside has silicone in it.

If you use silicone just be sure to keep it away from that O2 sensor!:shiver:

It may not be the silicone itself that does it but I got some overspray while doing my seals around the doors and windows and had a heck of time getting it off and it's still not completely gone, luckliy or unluckily, I need a new windshield so that problem will be solved next month..

Back