• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One drivers side rear tail light out 98XJ

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Got all the others, the drivers side rear parking light is out, the brake light is fine, just the parking light. Works OK on the passenger side. I pulled all my back interior panels off and noted that there is a drivers side run down the side and a passenger side run. Yes, I replaced the bulb and there is no corrosion, these bulbs are the 4 prong bayonet snap in style, not the 1157 push and turn.

Wow, just noticed that the left and right side are fed with two different fuses, F7 and F28, both 10amp fuses. F7 was blown, now I have to find out of it blew from my trailer plug in adapter, a Hoppy, or if the trailer rental place did it on friday when I rented a trailer for moving some furniture. Not until I get a couple of extra spare mini fuses though.
So it appears that the left and right sides are fed from two different fuses, something to keep in mind if you just loose one side and not the other.

Back