• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My current project

Rob D

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hopefully this works and my pic's show up for more than a couple of minutes. Anyway, I started building a set of drawers for the back of the heep so I just figured I'd share my very slow progress.
It's still very much a work in progress. But it's started.
DSCN2093_zpsh85hwnie.jpg

The tank basically sits where the original spare used to sit and somewhat offsets the wait of my current spare which is offset to the passenger side.
DSCN2095_zpsz3icf1hj.jpg

I designed it so I can still pull the original cover over the drawers if I want to. It is also set up so that I'll have access to the hose and valve of the CO2 tank just by opening the rear door of the Jeep without ever needing to open the hatch when I air up.
DSCN2096_zpsoas5k9y0.jpg

Now I just need to go out and buy more metal so I can finish all the cross bracing and the drawers. I just hope they work out as good as I think they might. :dunno:

Last edited:
Looks cool man!

Ooooooo. Nice, im building a set as well. Ill have a fridge and hopefully a pull out stove setup in the end. Im not sure how much ill get done this winter though.

Ooooooo. Nice, im building a set as well. Ill have a fridge and hopefully a pull out stove setup in the end. Im not sure how much ill get done this winter though.

Thanks everyone. I thought about making the left side slide out for the cooler, but got too lazy. :D

Looks great Rob. How much do you think that will weigh?

As of right now it only weighs maybe 25 pounds, without the 20lbs tank. I'm guess-timating in the range of 45 to 55 pounds when done plus another 45 pounds or so for the full tank of gas.
I have a total of 15 6mm bolts holding it down to the floor using rivnuts inserted through the floor of the luggage area. And it will have 6 D-rings on top to tie down the cooler and whatever is put on top.

Back