• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

7100s don't fit!

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
Finally got my 7100s, tried installing them, and the bottom mounts don't fit. The rear axle is an XJ44 with raised shock mounts. I'm not certain of the brand of mount, but the stud is too big to get the shock over it. The front uses JKS BPEs and the stud for the BPE won't fit

Anybody know offhand what the ID of the joint for the 7100s is? What BPEs does everyone use to fit the 7100s? Any ideas on how to make the rears fit?

Bout what size is the stud? Is it an easy swap to put the bushing in? The bushings from my RE shocks don't look too bad so I might be able ue those if they'll fit.

Yes, take the snap ring out and press out the heims. If you want a good fit, use these Prothane bushings. ;)

Image118.jpg

You can see them on the left here. 12mm ID

DSC_0013.jpg

I used bushings on the bottom of my 7100's with bar pins on my 7100's on my XJ. Kartek sells bushings made for that....probably the ones above.

Yeah, I just ordered some from Summit, only to find out after the sale is put through that they're back-ordered. I should have them all by Mar 18. Until then I suppose I'll get my little Nissan going again.

Yeah, I just ordered some from Summit, only to find out after the sale is put through that they're back-ordered. I should have them all by Mar 18. Until then I suppose I'll get my little Nissan going again.

Call Kartek and see if they are on the shelf. You may pay more than Summit but you may be able to get them sooner.

I've got them sitting in my garage too, but you're too far away to make it worth swinging by to get them.

Summit rocks for shipping, everything i order from them, I get overnight... and only pay ground. I am sure if you order from them, you will be fine.

Summit rocks for shipping, everything i order from them, I get overnight... and only pay ground. I am sure if you order from them, you will be fine.

He said Summit was out of stock. That was why I mentioned Kartek. :cheers:

The ones in the picture there were some of the 6 I had in stock at my Central 4 Wheel Drive location just before it closed. They went back to the main Sacramento store, so give them a call and they likely still have them. Part number is in the lower right of the card.

Ok, Summit was backordered, found them on race-mart.com, paid extra for FedEx Super Saver Express shipping, and 6 days later no shipping notice, no bushings. Can't get ahold of race-mart by phone, it always says all associates are busy, please leave a message. Irritating to say the least. I paid $53, including shipping for 4.

I just got of the phone with Kartek. What a difference! I called just to see if they were in stock and get an estimate on price and shipping times. It was $8.50/pair and I could have them tomorrow if I ordered before 3 today. Great googly moogly, is it nice to deal with pros! I was so happy with the price and shipping time, I ordered them. I e-mailed race-mart back to cancel the order, we'll see if they reply or call me back. If no word within a couple days, I'll dispute with Paypal and get my money back. If the bushings arrive, I'll just send them back. I shoulda listened to y'all and one with Kartek in the first place! :D

Ok, Summit was backordered, found them on race-mart.com, paid extra for FedEx Super Saver Express shipping, and 6 days later no shipping notice, no bushings. Can't get ahold of race-mart by phone, it always says all associates are busy, please leave a message. Irritating to say the least. I paid $53, including shipping for 4.

I just got of the phone with Kartek. What a difference! I called just to see if they were in stock and get an estimate on price and shipping times. It was $8.50/pair and I could have them tomorrow if I ordered before 3 today. Great googly moogly, is it nice to deal with pros! I was so happy with the price and shipping time, I ordered them. I e-mailed race-mart back to cancel the order, we'll see if they reply or call me back. If no word within a couple days, I'll dispute with Paypal and get my money back. If the bushings arrive, I'll just send them back. I shoulda listened to y'all and one with Kartek in the first place! :D
I order a pair of them from summit for $14 shipped yesterday and they sent them out today. When did they say they were back ordered?

Back