• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

7100s don't fit!

most people cut em off and get a set of the ones from ruffstuff or similar, and weld em even with the centerline of the axle tube.
Only if you plan to run a really short shock in the rear or run the shocks through the floor

Is there any way to "fab" this into the factory top mount on the REAR of the xj??? I would rather have something simple like this. Once it is bolted up there would be no reason to take the mount off again.

Maybe even fab these into a lower mount. Other then there would be $100's worth of mounts on the rear.

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/m...OCKADAPT&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Shock

Bar pin eliminators will work in the rear. I believe the JKS Cross over mount will as well, but you'll want to get stiffer valving than if they weren't angled in with the cross over.

Roger that.
Nothing ever comes easy. I am getting ready to order shocks for the rear. Along with the jks barpin adapter. And I didn't even think about the 'stock' lower mount until I had this thread sent to me...

So I don't know what to do about the lower mount.

I'm reviving this long dead thread because I'm in this exact same spot now and haven't found a solution after quite a bit of searching. I have the 7100s, the JKS BPE for the top, and a lower mount that is too big for the heim. I really don't want to put in a bushing, but welding isn't an option. There must be a bolt on alternative. I just need to swap out B in the pic below with one the appropriate size. Why is it so hard to find!?

jcK1U6q.jpg

I used the Ruffstuff axel mounts, cut and drilled to get the eye lower. I made my own bpe for the top to maximize distance. Just enough room for a 8 inch short body and plenty of travel with 5.5 springs and aftermarket shackles

any aftermarket weld on shock mount should work, I think I used a pair of ruff stuff weld on shock tabs, quick and easy.

Bilstein's sales rep informs me that I'll regret keeping the heims given that I drive it on the road more than off. He counseled swapping in the bushings, which I guess I'll do.

Bilstein's sales rep informs me that I'll regret keeping the heims given that I drive it on the road more than off. He counseled swapping in the bushings, which I guess I'll do.

I don't know what sales rep you talked to but I'm going to guess his eyes are brown (he's full of it..).

I'd stay heims all day every day on those.

Back