• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

feeler: d30, shafts, gears, locker, or together

YJ-GENRAL

NAXJA Forum User
this is kinda of a feeler... need to know if there is any interest in it before i actually part it out.... and obviously there might be something in the works for me :D

what it is:

D30 from 89 YJ wrangler with disco housing complete with spare shafts ($400)

D30 housing/knuckles/brakes only (free)

D30 shafts NON DISCO (did the conversion a while ago)
-this included, three short sides (2 small ujoint, 1 297 joint), two long sides both with 297 joints ($100 for all of them)

D30 4.88 gears worn in and in good condition Superior's ($125)

D30 new/bearly used carrier ($40)

D30 Aussie locker bearly used as well ($150)

got interest in the locker and mbogosia, are you still interested in the shafts... apparently your post got deleted...

the gears are the only thing i would care about selling to make this official and i could prolly sell them pretty easy so if you two are really interested in this then i might just go ahead and part it out...

Are YJ shafts the same as an XJ?

the two long sides actually came out of an xj

27 spline long and short D30 shafts i believe are all the same through the tj,xj, and yj only difference are the ujoints... which the newer ones (97 and newer i think) are the 297 joints and before that are the 260's??

I'd be interested in the shafts, not so much the small joint ones but would take all at that price.

yeh i paid $80 for two of the spare 297's and pretty much full price for one of the long ones which is like $150 so for $100 and 5 shafts why not... :D and the way i think about it is if a short side breaks and you have 2 spares (even if they are small joints) you can make it home...

ed - locker

shaggybob - shafts

anyone want some gears?

might be a week before i can get everything off the jeep for you guys but i guess ill call this a part out now.

So what is the new plan for an axle?

yeh they are for a HP d30 reverse rotation. Superior Axle & Gears #D30488R

and i will let you know if he doesnt take them. said he was in a money pinch, so ill talk to him when i get them out and see if he can still swing them.

should be a week or two if thats cool with you, before i can get them out. thanks. let you know.

Blake, I think I might have ya covered on the D30 C's... I let ya know more when I see ya tomorrow morning.
And I can probably help deliver the axle shafts to Bob if you can get them to Tyler.

alright guys, i got the aussie locker and gear set out of the d30. pms have been sent out.

i still have the shafts in it so i can drive around, but if you need some bob i can give you everything i have but the ones in the axle housing till i can get my dana 44 under there then give the rest to you if you want them sooner rather than later... let me know.

Yep, its a 4.88 gear set. I installed them not too long ago. They have only been on a few trips too, so they are basically new parts.

Back