• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle angle and rough ride after relocation brackets

notamechanic

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone installed new re 4.5 leafs and rough country’s shackle relocation brackets with my re boomerang shackles and my ride is much stiffer.

eee349bf696993f8827bd04839e81972.jpg

Not sure if it’s supposed to feel a little stiffer and want to know if this will ruin my new springs being that they are forced to lay flatter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much stiffer compared to what ? What brand and lift height springs were replaced ? Did you replace the shocks also ?

I bought a set of used RE leaf springs 15 years ago and have run them for +100,000 miles with boomerang shackles, they are fine.

I would definitely move to the next hole for a better angle.

Much stiffer compared to what ? What brand and lift height springs were replaced ? Did you replace the shocks also ?

I bought a set of used RE leaf springs 15 years ago and have run them for +100,000 miles with boomerang shackles, they are fine.

Much stiffer compared to with no relocation brackets. Ride was great without them. But wanted to add them to gain a little more travel. Might just remove them and sell em.

You have to clearance the bracket for flex. But that’s the beat way. U have the brackets to fix the angle. But didn’t fix the angle. Basically.

You have to clearance the bracket for flex. But that’s the beat way. U have the brackets to fix the angle. But didn’t fix the angle. Basically.

Makes sense. So move the shackle over and remove material from the bracket to allow the shackle to move upward?

I was thinking about running a shorter shackle to allow more arc in the leaf. Here is a pic a ride height, looks pretty flat compared to how those leafs were before the bracket. Not sure if that attributes to ride quality.

9f85c3b3b3d385a2c801c1d3ffd4c974.jpg

Silly question...did you loosen and re-torque all the bushings with the suspension on the ground at ride height? Excess preload in the bushings can really stiffen ride quality.

Back