• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RCI Baja Highback Seat?

FatXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was considering getting this seat when I get my cage done. I wanted to know if the seat has a deep bucket and how much angle it has? I don't want to have my rear planted in a bowl that is going to put a lot of pressure on my lower thigh which cuts off the circulation. So I need a seat with little to no depth in the bottom. From what I can see in the picture this seat has very little. I also want a little bit of recline to the seat so how much angle is there? Also any suggestions for a good inexpensive harness to accompany this seat? Will the stock seat belt work with this seat and its high sides until I can get a harness?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

http://store.summitracing.com/product.asp?d=13&s=467&p=1327&searchtype=ecat

what nobody has seen or sat in these seats? I am pretty sure that SeanP has these and everybody was raving about their low cost so what's the deal? I like the cost but I don't want something I will be uncomfortable in for my 8 hour drives home.

For a little more than what those cost you can get some suspension seats with lots of width/height.I bought some "Corbeau's" for 140$ each for another project,love them!
baja-ss_black_vinyl_blue_cloth.jpg

Hmmm... those look nice as well is the cover removeable? Easily? I like the ability to hose out my interior and not ruin my seats. Those look awefully comfy as well.

Thats not a cover,I bought the all vinyl set.They also have seat mounts available for the XJ's.

I don't know about the 8 hour drive home, but i can spend 10-12 hrs on the trail and not be uncomfortable. You get out of the vehicle a lot while you're on the trail though.

Sean

Thinking about harness, "good & inexpensive" don't really gee & haw.

One thing "I'd" look for in a harness, is the ability to keep the lap and gonad belt hooked while being able to flip the "H" or "Y" back so to lean out & see. I HATE being glued to the seat -& unable to self-spot- by some dang OEM auto-cinch belt. Normally I wheel with the shoulder strap behind my back, but it's easy to forget to arrange that when you are in & out of the rig many times per trail. (I belt up 100% of the time) 5pt Race harness' with their buckles don't look like they'd be fun behind the back.

Not that I have any bias...but Beard/Red Art donated a set of nice hi-back suspension buckets to the Giveaway XJ Project Jeep. I 'd include those in a comparison with Corbeau if bux-up seats are in the programme.

I also hate being laid back like some ghetto punk...before I finalized any custom seat mounting, I'd insure the tilt was pretty vertical. I may shim up the rear bolts of my OEM XJ 3/4" or so since the factory 'full-up' but still Ghetto conk drives me bananas.

Back