• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trying to track down an old winch bumper

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, been a long time since I was active here, glad to see there are some familiar names around the boards.

Quick quesiton, I'm trying to track down a bumper manufacturer, or even a photo, for an XJ winch bumper that was probably produced around 10 years ago. The most unique features on the bumper was horizontal d-ring tabs so rather then the d-ring pin being oriented horizontally as is with most bumpers, the pins would have actually been vertical. Another feature was an extended front skid that bolted to the stock front crossmember if I remember correctly. There was no brush or bull bar involved and it was a real sleek/slim bumper with a great approach angle.

I thought the name of the company was Expedition One, based here in Utah, but they said it was not them after emailing them. I'm wondering if this was made so long ago, whoever I emailed with is not aware of the bumper. Or it was a different manufacturer altogether.

Does this ring any bells at all? If I can't buy one, I'm going to look into having one built if I can find a picture to reference.

Thanks a bunch!

Found what I was looking for after a couple days of digging around old forum posts.

[Expedition One]https://i.imgur.com/M0R9ETf.jpg[/img]

The bumper I was after was made by Moab 4x4 Outpost back in the day, 10+ years ago.

[M40]https://i.imgur.com/0TKGOoK.jpg[/img]

I can see why you would want one of those. Looks like an intelligent design.

I can see why you would want one of those. Looks like an intelligent design.

Ya, it seems like many of the bumper manufacturers from 1-12 years ago have closed their doors and there are only a handful still mass producing XJ bumpers. Nothing against any of the current manufacturers, just want something a little different.

From what I've read, people really like their OR-Fab bumpers, looks like a good option. Some part of Moab 4x4 Outpost still exists under a different name so I reached out to see if they had any inventory left or could still produce the M40 bumper, I will follow up here if it looks promising.

IXNAYXJ's Jeep is still one of my all time favorite XJs.

Thanks!

Back