• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 XJ-Riverside CA-$5k

Jay Sco

NAXJA Forum User
1994 Jeep XJ Cherokee SE
4.0-AW4-231tc
Clean title in my name and in my hand, passed smog legally at a star station on 7/5. Just did a minor tuneup with fresh plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Dont really want to sell but don't use it as much as I'd like, moving on to the next project.
Pros:
3" Zone lift will full leaf packs
Rusty's lower control arms
IRO double shear track bar
ZJ tie rod
Spartan locker in the D30 (rear 8.25 is open)
Upgraded headlight harness
2x6 rocker sliders
Brown Dog motor mounts
Decent sound system
Cons:
Well...it rattles and squeaks, the windshield has a crack, the paint respray is flaking off, the drivers seat is worn, the rear doors only open from the inside, rear brakes need work, and other minor annoyances.

Asking a feeler price on Craigslist of $5500, that seems to be the CL average. Of course this price is negotiable for members here. Cant post pics since I'm on my phone here at work but heres the CL ad with pics in it https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/riverside-1994-jeep-xj-cherokee-4wd/6930521374.html

Always reads right about 210 or slightly above. I dont recall what thermostat I installed, I want to say 190. Non Chrysler sender was installed the same time as the gauge cluster (this is not an SE cluster, miles were the same). Its never overheated on me. Temps are supposed to be 100+ this whole week, I'd feel fine taking it on a test drive any day if interested.

$5K may have been too high, but I would say you are priced very reasonably now.

If anything, you might do well to put some seat covers and a horn button on it. Those two items are simple details that quickly detract from the appearance and may suggest additional neglect.

It would appear that your headliner does not sag. I would mention that in your ad. It suggests better than typical condition.

You might also want to expand your market by listing in Los Angeles and San Diego C/L. Some folks aren't afraid to travel to get the right vehicle.

That should sell. Just be patient.

Put it up for sale in other parts of the country. The supply of rust free XJs is still plentiful in Cali as far as I can tell. The southeast, northeast, hell even here in Texas that would pull your original asking price or there abouts.

Put it up for sale in other parts of the country. The supply of rust free XJs is still plentiful in Cali as far as I can tell. The southeast, northeast, hell even here in Texas that would pull your original asking price or there abouts.

I posted in the next major county over, I wont post nationwide in local regions based on principle. That just bugs me personally, but thanks for your input.
$2500, going twice...

Woooo, nice! You didn't have to wait four years like I did. :D

Yeah, but I still lost money like you did *facepalm*. Oh well, I had fun with it but it's time to move on. I'm sure the dude that got it will enjoy it.

Band aids? Rub some dirt in that wound and go make a fresh one!

Preach it!!

Of course, there wouldn't be any connection between that philosophy and your place on the nearly disabled list, would there?

:gee:

Back