• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EMT/First Responder/ALS/BLS people

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Who do we have? Card-carrying people? I'm personally long-expired but have lots of practice in the field, having been a trained Combat Lifesaver in the Army. I've got a good setup with me, though not 'ideal' for my level of training.

Can we get a gauge for who we'll have out there?

Over Memorial Day weekend I had a heat exhaustion patient I treated while on Diana's recovery (lowering two Jeeps down on a winch cable WHILE treating him, ugh!). I was able to get him stabilized and his Dad drove him to the hospital in Ellensburg. I'm going to run another thread outlining the dangers of dehydration and such. :)

I really can't speak for my co pilot, Jeremy (Megawatt). But he was an EMT. I think that he is still certified. I will confirm tonight unless he responds before then.

Blkxjkrawler said:
I'm card carrying first aid/CPR certified, but should probably brush up. Wife is a Nurse, and she's coming.

Rad, it's already sounding like we'll be covered on every run. :)

Chris from ARB was also asking about this for his run.

My 2-year card just expired in Feb but I am still available. I have a complete trauma kit minus the defib unit.

Up until about a year ago I had been continually trained in First Aid/CPR and card carying for as long as I can remember (at least 20+ years).

Michael

My girlfriend is a nurse also.

Back