• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Home

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
1769 miles
Three campgrounds
Two off road parks
7 states
Two weeks

mac 'good trip!' gyvr

we made it home! had a great trip, great weather, great people, great food, and of course Great Wheeling!

Found an almost completely sheared off lower control arm mount on the axle while unloading from the trailer, in addition to the broken coil spring. I am sure glad that it didn't break coming off the mountain Friday. Thanks to Tim for helping fix my tires on Friday and Mark for the ride on Saturday. Had an awesome time! - Derek

1769 miles
Three campgrounds
Two off road parks
7 states
Two weeks

mac 'good trip!' gyvr

I forgot the 543 miles we put on the jeep while we were gone as well.

mac 'keeping the oil companies in business' gyvr

Made it thru the gauntlet of Troopers,Sheriffs,Feds,Town Cops, two deer and one real bear, Two traffic stand stills on I 81.
Only to knock off the CB antenna on a low branch 1/2 mile from home.....

I'm home. Had a great time and great to see you guys and get soem trail time in.

My trailer/jeep almost killed me and Brandon on 75N but I was able to pull out of it and repack the jeep. Anyways. I made it home around 7pm and getting ready for bed now.

Man the state boys were thick as thieves on i75 in ky and Ohio..

Fought four traffic stand stills and still made it home in less than 8 hours, a new record pace.

mac 'did 5 over' gyvr

Made one trip that only took 5 hours this time. Instead of two trips and 12 hours to get up there. Helps when you've only got one Jeep to haul home instead of two.

1100 miles on the Tundra in the week. Haven't looked at the mileage on the Jeep from trail riding.

Enjoyed seeing everybody as usual. Looking forward to next year already!

Man the state boys were thick as thieves on i75 in ky and Ohio..

Fought four traffic stand stills and still made it home in less than 8 hours, a new record pace.

mac 'did 5 over' gyvr

I didn't see any on I75 at all :dunno:

Traffic was at a standstill at the Renfro Valley exit, but clear after that. Had to lock up the trailer brakes at the I74/I65 split because someone decided to merge at the last second. Other than that it was uneventful.

I stood on the brakes so hard at one point I cleared everything on the kitchen counter to the floor...

Was impressive

I could not find a reason for any of the stand stills I ran across.

mac 'waking grace up with locked up brakes is entertaining' gyvr

The GPS in the Tundra went bonkers on me at a crucial interchange in Asheville, which resulted in us taking a detour through downtown. A downtown that's smaller with narrower streets than Harlan. Three trucks towing three trailers (one of them being a huge NASCAR hauler)....yeah, it went about as well as you're probably picturing. Pretty sure I saw some middle fingers from people trying to get through.

I stood on the brakes so hard at one point I cleared everything on the kitchen counter to the floor...

Was impressive

I could not find a reason for any of the stand stills I ran across.

mac 'waking grace up with locked up brakes is entertaining' gyvr

I got caught up in 3 of them. All because people can't merge.
No game traffic thankfully.

I almost bounced the wieners off the dash again, but jennie did them a solid and kept them on the seat.

We made it home with all the wheels and tires we were supposed to.

Ended up making great time.

Of course any time someone farts near the side of the road it causes a traffic jam...at one point there were 5 school buses on the shoulder...not in anyone's way...but of course the rubber neckers backed traffic up for 5 miles because of it.

My ride home was very uneventful. I only had to hit the brakes for 9% grades, intersections and red lights. Very little traffic on my route.

Granted, I was towing like a Grandma limping the tow rig back home.

Back