• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I need for next year!

Tru trac is different than an factory LSD. In my mind it's more of a locker. I ran one in the baby jeep, it was phenomenal in the front axle.

No more 60s for a while.

mac 'always on the hunt (and standing offers) for a $500 XJ' gyvr

I need to get the wifeys waggoneer done for next year. and hose off this years harlan mud off the YJ so i can reapply it next year.

i took an air hose to mine. i have never had that much dust in my jeep before.

You need to come to Uwharrie in the summer. Harlan dust is nothing in comparison...

Still haven't cleaned mine out. Backed it into the garage last weekend when I got home, and didn't touch it again until this weekend only because I needed the space to work on another car...

You need to come to Uwharrie in the summer. Harlan dust is nothing in comparison...

Still haven't cleaned mine out. Backed it into the garage last weekend when I got home, and didn't touch it again until this weekend only because I needed the space to work on another car...

All I've done was back the Jeep off the trailer. Truck is still packed sitting in my yard...

For next year, I'm going to fix the squeak in my front axle and straight wire my CB. That's all.

no i dont lol

Re: Re: What I need for next year!

I almost rolled at the badlands because of the true trac in the front of the xj (which is why it is no longer in there) Garbage.
IMO the front needs a locker more than the rear, I thought about limited slips f/r when I had the green jeep but when I put the lock right on Betsy, I quickly said f that. Besides, for what you do lockers f/r is a no brainer.

Front locker
UCA's
2x6 rocker replacement (hopefully)
Skids
longer brake lines
Better rear axle (should be obtaining an XJ D44 soon)
Do something to my rear suspension so that it works better, I suspect seized bolts in my leaf spring bushings

Trepadors or a sticky in a 16.5" rim and Coilovers...... may as well dream big! :rolleyes:

They make a sticky in a 16.5?

While you're spending the money you might as well go ahead and buy some 17" Racelines.

I am looking around. I read something about 43 IROK sticky's....
Nope, I'll spend on a double beadlock before I buy them. I know my luck I'll blow the inner bead, read about a lot of people having that problem.

I also forgot about drive flanges and 35 spline outers. That should happen by then.

Yes, the 43"sx comes in 16.5".

Back