• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I pray to God that I'm wrong! (Seth "XJFire" Stanton)

Frank Z

NAXJA Forum User
My wife and and I were just watching the News on Channel5/30 and they announced the death of a soldier from Ft Carson. The said his name was Seth and he was 19 years old and a graduate of Coronado High School. They went on to describe this young mans hobbies and showed his XJ... It was this one....
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=946213&postcount=34

I fear that we have lost a member to the war in Iraq.

Someone has to know Seth' family.

Please tell I'm wrong!!

Re: I pray to God that I'm wrong!

My thoughts and prayers go out to the soldier, even if it isn't the same guy. I fear it may be since his XJ was quite unique, and he was in the thick of things. He posted some pictures of some things he was doing over there in this post he started before he even left: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101589

Hopefully we get a solid confirmation, but if they showed that jeep on the news, most likely the news got that picture directly from the family, and that it may infact be the same guy. I pray for his family the strength to carry on through the holidays without their loved one.

From the membership roster thread....
Member 1775:

1775 Seth Stanton Colorado Springs CO USA Colorado XJFire 0/14/2006

Frank Z said:
Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Seth's family and friends.

I think that we as a group need to do something. Whether it's attending the funeral, or a memorial of some type. He was one of us, and that should mean something.

Yah, it's don't look good. Checked the DoD site and there are 7 without updates as of this moment. http://icasualties.org/oif/BY_DOD.aspx but they may be slow on updates being a weekend and night.

Bad time of the year for a Family to loose someone, my heart goes out to them ...

Unless I miss the mark, either the National or the Chapter will provide a memorial of some flavor. It is the customary and right thing to do.

Ron

Last edited:

I said something to the BOD about it.

I think if its really him we should do something for him and his family.

Last edited:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! dammit!

Keep us posted.

sigh…

BIG Sigh…

To Seth, and all members of the military who put themselves in harms way:
Thank you sir for standing up for what you believe.
Thank you sir! Even though you did not know me personally, you volunteered to protect me, my wife, and my three children.
Thank you sir for paying a debt that should be mine to pay.
I salute you and your memory for as long as I shall live.
:us:

Becky and my prayers are with Seth and his family. If it is him or not. I remember when I was in the Army during Desert Storm. It was more stressful for my family than myself, especially for my mom not knowing if or when her son was leaving and when and/or if I was coming back. I pray to God that it is not Seth. We have lost many in Iraq that are fighting for the Freedom of America and for better lives for the Iraqies. People like Seth, who are willing to give their lives so I can live in a peaceful country, are truely heroes to me. May God bless Seth and his family. If it is Seth, he is in a better place.

May God be with you,

Tom and Becky

I just heard on the radio that it was Seth Staton

Back