• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 jeep GC orvis sell or trade $1500obo

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
got it from my brother in law and i dont want to screw with it the torque converter is slipping and some other crap. but it drives, hell if i had a tow pig i'd make this jeep my trail rig but i dont have that kind of money or space.

here a copy and paste from my CL ad

i have a 1997 jeep grand cherokee (ZJ) orvis edition that well i really dont need or want so im looking to sell it. im asking $1500 negotiable. the car isnt in the best shape and pretty much your buying a vehicle that runs and drives, and thats about it. but with some work it would be a brilliant daily driver. im gunna be cleaning it up and fixing some little things as tmie goes on so please call or email me if your interested. pretty much there is alot wrong with the jeep most of it is little things like the driver seat doesnt work, the rear hatch was broken into and now it wont unlock, stuff like that the only major is the torque converter is slipping.

im am open to trades for well just about any model jeep, and solid axle toyotas. but it would have to be running and driving and street legal as it would be my DD

IMAGE_028.jpg

IMAGE_027.jpg

IMAGE_026.jpg

IMAGE_025.jpg

you can PM me here, email me at [email protected], or call at two seven zero-776-5446

-Ian

ugh man.. those orvis edition green seats sure are ugly!
good luck on sale..

mark

whats the xfer case? a 249 or a 242?
Cv front axles or ujoints?
CV drive shaft or ujoints?
rear hatch is missing the plastic cover?
What other "crap" is bad?

you might want to consider taking a lost..
$500 is my offer.. lol

mark

whats the xfer case? a 249 or a 242?
Cv front axles or ujoints?
CV drive shaft or ujoints?
rear hatch is missing the plastic cover?
What other "crap" is bad?

you might want to consider taking a lost..
$500 is my offer.. lol

mark

NV242
what do you mean by Cv shafts or ujoints?
no its got the plastic cover, but its missing a chunk where my brother inlaw didnt know how to get it off and broke it.

i dont have a full list of every problem, but th edriver seat has a short in it, headliner is sagging, rear hatch is locked up and wont open, torque converter is slipping, driver front door is sagging, engine needs a tune up bad, passenger front speaker is blown. thats what i've seen but i had the transmission just serviced and the shop i took it too gave me this list of "recommendation" to look into

transfercase service
reweld exhaust
alignment
tire rotation
replace transmission
rear main seal
replace moog draglink
passenger front CV axle shaft
front track bar
clean the motor (they belive its got some leaks)
power steering pump
and engine over haul

im seriously considering you offer,but right now im thinking about swapping the 5.2 into the MJ shortxjdoug is selling if possible. but if its going to take alot of resourses then i might as well just sell the jeep.

i'll keep you posted

i stare at dougs MJ every day.. its right next to my back porch lol
Buy it! i keep egging my wife to get it.. but shes stuck on a TJ..

heres what i found about v8 swap in xj.. i assume mj is same

The 5.2L or 5.9L would fit well in the XJ, but the Dodge starter location, (needed for a NV4500), far left on the bellhousing may cause interferance with the left upper control arm/frame rail. More feasable would be a 44re automatic out of a '96+ ZJ 5.2L V8, as the starter is on the right, lower part of the belhousing. The ZJ mounts would likely be very close, the axle is almost the same, use ZJ V8 front springs, use '97 ZJ V8 engine controls and wiring for smog and chassis wiring compatability, The t-case from the ZJ, if the XJ one won't work, a custom radiator would be needed as the hose inlet and outlets are switched, etc. etc. etc. If you really want to do it, buy a rolled '97 V8 ZJ to get as much all together as possible. Otherwise, trade your XJ in on a '98 5.9 ZJ and save alot of hassles! (and probably money!)
Hope this helps, good luck!

well if someone with a garage and some tools wants to lend me a hand stuffing my 5.2L that would be awesome! i can supply beer and food money but thats pretty much about it. :D

$350 and i wont even tell my wife :)

mark

ok.. dougs mj moves down hill on its own power.. does that count?

mark

Back